Freedb web search doesn’t work

Last few weeks not sure when change happened but using souces freedb if I choose
determine from selected works but
determine from web search does not ? says error connecting to server. Tried resetting servers to no avail.
2.98a not portable win 7 64 bit

not sure why a new post was created. Was here with same problem re freedb & no connection to server. Not working not solved

chippyman

Hi Guys, just downloaded and installed mp3tag , I then add files to window to tag ok , all are displayed in window but when i click on tag sources i.e freedb or discogs or Musicbrainz i get error box displaying message ( a connection with the server could not be established )
I have checked antivirus and malware they are not blocking mp3tag, i am using windows 10

Any help on how to resolve this proble, Please

Solved by ryerman in post #5

2 Likes

determine from selective files works (If It is Found) If not then
via web search I get

Error connecting to server: http://www.freedb.org

was hoping the new version 2.99 would FIX but did not happen. Last time freedb problem was a few years ago and was fixed fast. No changes on my end. none

I don't think that it's related to Mp3tag. I've checked the freedb web search and it seems not to be working at the moment.

Hopefully only something temporary.

1 Like

Over a month still not working for me. Am I the only one that has a problem ? Is it because of the new owners ?
IF IT FINDS a match (determine from selected files) it works
IF (determine from web search) not one time in over a month. No changes to computer just update when you have new versions.
Any other ideas ? I have reset the servers many times, e mail makes no difference.
Error says cannot connect to http://www.freedb.org from Mp3Tag
Same address works fine on any browser's address bar

It's been years since I used Tagscanner as I love Mp3Tag but thought would try it out to see if there are the same problems. It worked 100% with exactly the same settings as MP3Tag. I used Japan,UK,US freedb etc and all worked perfectly so something has changed with MP3Tag. I have same computer no changes, still live in Asia only change I can see is new owners of freedb now Magix. Would love to stay with MP3Tag sp how do I fix the problem.

In the past this site has helped so many including myself but now feels like I have cancer or something. The problem continues. Is there something I can do ? Any advice appreciated.
thanks in advance.
For the first time in many years I completely uninstalled the program but did not help.
All I want is to use freedb again

As long as the website doesn't work, you will have to find someone who fix it first.
Maybe you can contact someone at info@freedb.org?

Newest info on the freedb homepage:

Urgent notice

freedb.org and its services will be shut down on March 31st of 2020.