Frequently Asked Questions

This is a list of frequently asked questions regarding Mp3tag for Mac. If you find something missing, you can reach me via Help → Send Feedback or personal message in the Community.

Downloading from the Mac App Store doesn't work. What to do?

There are currently several problems on the Mac App Store where downloads are stalled and do not continue, especially under macOS Mojave. The following steps might turn things back to normal:

1. Open the App Store app
  2. Open Activity Monitor
  3. Look for appstoreagent in Activity Monitor and force-quit the process.

Now the download should proceed.

Can I use Mp3tag for Mac under macOS High Sierra or older?

Mp3tag for Mac requires macOS 10.14.6 Mojave or later.

Every macOS version supported also needs testing and I’ve noticed, that Mp3tag on 10.13 has more issues and non-existent APIs that need extra workarounds.

Since it’s an all-new app, I was trying to not have the burden of maintaining many older versions of macOS on my development shoulders. At the time of decision making, I was also still running Mojave, so I knew it’s going to work flawlessly there.

The fact that macOS High Sierra doesn't receive any security updates and other updates anymore, also did not help in motivating me further to invest all this extra effort.

Can I import data from Windows?

This is not possible and also one of the things that are unlikely to be implemented. It would require re-implementing the different settings formats from Windows and I’d have to make assumptions regarding missing action types and other differences in the Mac version.

1 Like