Looking for Windows-format FreeDB database

Hi DSperber. Could I also get this link to download the database?

I've sent you a PM with the download URL. Please let me know if you received it, and if you were successful in getting the ZIP file.

Hi DSperber, I would also like to create your offline database under Windows. Could you please send me the download link? Thank you very much!

@UserMicha

I've sent you a PM with the download URL. Please let me know if you received it, and if you were successful in getting the ZIP file.

1 Like

Hello DSperber, great, it worked out perfectly! Thank you very much for your work and your engagement.

Please, can send me the download URL for freedb? Thanks in advance

@Mtas1306,

Thank you very much. I received and I was successful downloading it.
Thanks again!

Hello there. Could I get the link to actually any current files/databases you have please? I am a coder as well and I have an idea.

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure exactly what files/databases you're currently looking for.

I've already converted the last official FreeDB database in UNIX format into the much more compact Windows-format. That is the version I've been providing to everybody posting on this thread. But it is "stale", reflecting the final database published by FreeDB before they shut down which was way back in June 2020. So we're coming up on almost 2 years of staleness.

In contrast, GNUDB.ORG has been active and ongoing in taking over for FreeDB. And since it is online and available for direct connection through grabber-products like EAC and Audiograbber (both of which have been updated to now retrieve from GNUDB instead of from FreeDB, but using exactly the same protocol and accessing the totally current and up-to-date database from GNUDB) I don't know why you would want any part of the 2-year old databases from FreeDB.

If you do have your own music collection, and you buy CD's and rip them yourself and thus want a database-in-the-sky (like FreeDB was) to be accessed by your ripping product (like EAC or Audiograbber), why not just get the latest version of EAC and Audiograbber, both of whichnow access GUNDB online in real time. No need for a local database.

So, what am I not understanding behind your request? I'll be glad to provide the URL for my "finished product" Windows-form database, converted from that June 2020 FreeDB UNIX version. But I'm afraid that's all I have to provide.

1 Like

Or you can can use the GUNDB database via Mp3tag.

Good job my friend! I was looking for ages an updated Windows-format FreeDB database as the one you made. Please send me a download link if possible.

@wallyaudio,

I've sent you a PM with the URL for downloading the Windows-form FreeDB database from June 2020. As I've mentioned, it's perfect and usable, but "stale" as of June 2020 when updates to it ceased.

If you are buying CDs today and want access to the current active up-to-date replacement for FreeDB my recommendation is still that you should be using GNUDB.ORG. It is now being accessed instead of FreeDB by the latest version of EAC and Audiograbber, as well as MP3Tag itself.

Hi DSperber, well done on converting the final FreeDB 2020-06-01 database to the efficient Windows format. I'd find that very useful for some offline CD ripping. Would it be at all possible to send me a PM with the download link please? Many thanks in advance.

@retrofit

Hi DSperber, received ok. Many thanks for helping so quickly. All the best.

@DSperber could I please get a copy of the windows zip?

DSperber I also would like a copy. Thanks

@Cromulent and @thaiskylab,

I have sent you both the download URL. Please let me know if you were able to retrieve it and use it successfully.

Also, just out of curiosity, are you going to be using it for Audiograbber, EAC, MP3Tag, or some other program in a Windows environment? Or are you going to be using it by some program (like freac) in a Mac environment?