Mp3 File cannot be opened for writing

Hello!
I have read that a lot of people had this particular issue and I tried fixing it with the tips given but it did not work for me.

My problem: I downloaded the Fire Emblem Three Houses OST from a site for video game OSTs (link) and I wanted to change the tags a little bit (add covers to the files, change the genre, ...). I tried it on all 134 at once and it worked on almost all of them without a problem, but for 12 of them it said "File '-.mp3' cannot be opened for writing". I changed their location to a temporary folder on different drives and locations and tried tagging them one by one but I just would not work. Precisely, for 3 of them the genre, CD number and album can be changed but I cannot add a cover.
I also tried scanning all the files with mp3val and they are all ok and have no errors according to the scan.
Also, I cannot remove or cut the tag (the same error message appears).

I will add a screenshot of the problem and here is a wetransfer link to download one of the not working files (Note: The file works fine, it just will not let me tag them)

Thank you in advance for your help!

Did you check out this thread?

... and there are 2 more 2 tools that can be used to check the integrity of files. Which is advisable as all of them check different things.

Did you check out this thread?

I checked the thread now and it is not exactly the same. I have not used youtube and my files work perfectly for listening. I just cannot tag them all.

... and there are 2 more 2 tools that can be used to check the integrity of files. Which is advisable as all of them check different things.

What tools do you mean?

This is more or less the symptom of the messed up files.

MP3diags
Foobar2000

Oh, I understand.

Thank you, I will check them out!

Ok, I checked them with both. I attached the screenshot of the MP3diags analysis but I was not sure what do next to not break anything
I installed Foobar2000 too but I do not really know what to do with it. It seems like a tagging software too?

Update: I repaired the files with MP3 diags and now everything works fine with MP3tag.
Thank you for your help @ohrenkino ! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.