Mp3s wont play after using mp3tag

So I'm using MP3Tag to reorganize some of my Local Files on Spotify, but after I edit the MP3s they are no longer playable and don't show up in the local files section. After editing, the Tag becomes "ID3v2.3 (ID3v1 ID3v2.3) but I have no idea what this means xD.
Whenever I try to play the MP3 it opens into Groove Music and gives me the error "This file isn’t playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt." and is no longer in my Local Files on Spotify.
Is there anything I can change or am I stuck with unorganized songs forever lol?

I’m going to go out on a limb here, but any chance your files that won’t play after tagging were “converted” from YouTube? You might want to read through some of the other threads on this.

Yes, it was an issues that the YouTube conversion program wasn't really converting to mp3. I switched to another program and everything works. Not an mp3tag issue at all, however the support that I got from the mp3tag community was fantastic.

Thank you for your feedback @davea
Would you mind to tell us which "YouTube conversion program" you have used (the one with issues)?
It would help us to identify the suspects.

https://ytmp3.cc/uu6cc/

1 Like

FYI, I've also sent an email to their support address explaining the issue without hearing back.

2 Likes