Mp3tag for Mac v1.6 released

Mp3tag for Mac v1.6 released

I’ve just released Mp3tag for Mac v1.6 and there are many changes and improvements, some of which I want to highlight here for you:

Support for Custom Tag Sources

It’s probably one of the most requested features and something I initially planned to not support for the Mac version. However, there are a lot of power-users out there who were missing support for, e.g., Beatport, Apple Music, or Bandcamp. And I’m also a user of Mp3tag myself :slight_smile: So here it is — I hope all the existing Custom Tag Sources are working as expected. If you find something that’s not, please let me know (including the details) via Help → Send Feedback.

Added more Discogs Tag Sources

I’ve also added two built-in Discogs Tag Sources, one for querying by free text and one for querying by artist and track title. It’s sometimes better to have this flexibility, so here you go.

Added support for WavPack

The previous version also added support for WavPack, a lossless audio format that’s quite popular next to FLAC and ALAC.

A few more things

I’ve also worked on mainly fixes that don’t make it into dedicated mentions in this newsletter. However, if you’re interested, you can inspect them all via the Mp3tag for Mac changelog. If something is unclear or sparks your interest, please don’t hesitate to ask.

It's a free update! You can update the Mac App Store version via the Update tab in the App Store app and the standalone version from within the app via File → Check for Updates.

And if you’re not yet using Mp3tag for Mac, you can always get the 7-day trial version — only days you’re using the app are counted.

Thank you for reading, your interest, and your support.

Enjoy and take care
— Florian

I've just released Mp3tag for Mac v1.6.1 with the following changes:

New

• Added support for music player app Doppler so that changes made Mp3tag are reflected back in Doppler after saving.

Changed, Improved & Fixed:

• Added auto-conversion of HTTP to HTTPS for Custom Tag Sources.

I'm particularly happy about the interplay between Mp3tag and Doppler 2.1. You can now open Mp3tag from within Doppler via a new "Edit Info With" menu item and any changes you perform from within Mp3tag are automatically re-imported to Doppler. This means no manual refreshing or removing/re-adding of files :raised_hands:

I've just released Mp3tag for Mac v1.6.2 with the following changes:

New

• Added information field %_id3v2_unknown_frames% to identify files with unsupported ID3v2 frames.

• Using URL as search term at Custom Tag Source to directly jump to result didn't work due to wrong encoding of URL.

I've just released Mp3tag for Mac v1.6.3 with the following changes:

• Updated to libFLAC 1.4.0.
  • Fixed two potential crash issues at Custom Tag Sources.