I've been using Mp3tag for several months now, and couldn't be happier. Tonight I ran into a problem I haven't been able to fix. I downloaded several tracks from Amazon, and was fixing the tags on the tracks to my own specif format. For example, I've got a fixed number of genres, and certain ways I group some together (Blues/Blues Rock or Metal/Hard Rock). I also number the tracks in an offbeat way. If a song made the year-end Billboard charts, I use the year and chart position for the track number, like 6310 for a song that was #10 on the 1963 chart.
Tonight I was doing one particular track, and every time I tried to apply my new tags, I got an error message that Mp3tag couldn't access the file. I checked in the folder, and it was not marked "read only" or anything like that. I've tried fiddling around with a couple things, but can't get the program to access the track. I've downloaded about a dozen tracks tonight, and haven't had any problems with the other one.