MP3TAG sync to Rekordbox 6

I am new to MP3TAG and want to update my mp3 collection.

I am currently trying to find the correct field or tag that links into the Release date field/information within
Pioneer REKORDBOX version 6.
I have attempted to put the full date within the year field - this does not work

I am unable to find a solution on the net please help!

Thank you in advance for your time and efforts

Craig Culture

Hi Craig,

I do believe Rekordbox uses the standard ID3v2.4, ape tagging specifications.
You must trim the YEAR to four digits, and RELEASETIME is the Release Date, which must be using the format YYYY-MM-DD, so if you have tags using the iTunes Release Date format of YYYY-DD-MMT00:00:00Z will not be read by Rekordbox.

FYI other tags supported by Rekordbox are:
ORIGARTIST (Original Artist), ORIGALBUM (Original Album), ORIGYEAR (Original Year), SUBTITLE (Mix Name/Version), MIXARTIST (Remixed, altered or interpreted by), BPM (Tempo), INITIALKEY (Key).

2 Likes

If you have one working mp3 for your Pioneer REKORDBOX v6 showing the correct release date, you can open this song in Mp3tag, press ALT + T and see what tag name is used and how the date has to be formatted.

Unfortunately the official Pioneer Metadata Matrix doesn't show the used tags.

1 Like

Thank you for you quick replies. They have both helped. The RELEASETIME field has worked but this is only one way from MP3TAG to Rekordbox.
Thank you for making this much simpler. Just now want to find a way to possibly change the format within mp3tag if possible to DD-MM-YYYY

I dont know if this can be done

Try an action of the type "Replace with regular expression" for RELEASETIME
Search string: (\d\d\d\d)-(\d\d)-(\d\d)
Replace string: $3-$2-$1
should transform 2021-01-24 to 24-01-2021

Will this allow me to type in the release date as DD-MM-YYYY for the future or will it revert back to standard every time i open MP3TAG?

Actions always have to be triggered by the user.

thank you for all your help great community!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.