I've just released Mp3tag v2.87
Releasing this version feels like spring-cleaning to me: I’ve made so many improvements to Mp3tag’s code base over the last two months and also fixed a bunch of long-lasting issues with this release. I surely felt this way before, but this time, I think, it’s the most stable version of Mp3tag ever released! — We'll see
The MusicBrainz v1 web service will be closed in a few months, so I've added a new official MusicBrainz Tag Source based on v2 of the MusicBrainz web service with this release.
Option to disable auto-filtering
The filter helper menu now has an option to enable/disable auto-applying the filter. This can be helpful if you're working with large libraries and find the auto-filtering to disturb your workflow.
LAME encoder detection
I've rewritten the code to analyze MP3s with this version (it was sooooo old) and added detection of LAME encoder versions while I was at it. You can access it via the
%_tool% information field, if this is something of interest to you.
Mapping of Matroska tag fields
I've reworked the tag fields mapping for Matroska and documented the process at the overview page for Tag field mappings. If you're tagging Matroska files, this is for you.
This version also fixes many issues and includes smaller changes. You can get a complete overview via the history of changes.
You can download the new version from
And if you like Mp3tag and want to support my work, I’m happy about any contribution
As always, enjoy and take care