I've just released Mp3tag v2.91
With this release, I've implemented a long-awaited feature: the ability to copy individual fields via the extended tag dialog at Alt+T. Just select the relevant fields you want to copy, right-click and choose the appropriate entry from the popup menu.
Also, Tag-Panel fields have their default values back. Just better You can now configure a default value that is set whenever you select multiple files directly via the field configuration at „Options > Tag Panel“. Double-click on the desired field and choose the default value.
I've also fixed a lot of issues that have been reported since the last release. See the long changelog below and definitely get the new version.
You can download the new version from
And if you like Mp3tag and want to support my work as an Indie Developer, I’m happy about any contribution
Have a good time and take care
P.S.: Here is the complete list of changes for this release:
- FIX: Discogs artist and albumartist were wrong for releases where albumartist consists of multiple artists. (#43641)
- CHG: modified default file-view columns to display multiple values via $meta_sep(field,\\) on new installs. (#43651)
- FIX: reverted fix for multiple occurrences of a mapped field with identical values were displayed as one. (#43607, #11432)
- FIX: improved Tag-Panel scrolling behavior when docked horizontally. (#43560)
- NEW: CDG files are now renamed with corresponding WMA files. (#43547)
- FIX: CDG files were not renamed with corresponding MP3 files anymore (since v2.90e). (#43605)
- FIX: tag source commands else and elseif were treated case-sensitive #43622
- FIX: multiple occurrences of a mapped field with identical values were displayed as one. (#11432)
- FIX: action replace with regular expressions combined two consecutive dollar signs to one. (#11970)
- CHG: scripting language combined two consecutive dollar signs to one.
- CHG: improved display of window caption for Tag Sources search-by dialog. (#43324)
- CHG: extended number of actions possibly displayed in actions pop-up menu.
- FIX: converter 'Filename - Filename' used new directory of previous file in sequence, even if no new directory was computed for current file. (#11568)
- FIX: data in ID3v2 UFID frames was interpreted as UTF-8 in some cases. (#4062, #15567)
- FIX: auto-complete for Tag-Panel fields failed in some special cases. (#9114)
- CHG: improved handling of FLAC files with multiple METADATA_BLOCK_VORBIS_COMMENT blocks. (#9155, #10481, #43535)
- CHG: improved writing performance for Opus files. (#43420)
- CHG: renamed tag-panel field sizes to large, medium, and small. (#40873)
- LNG: updated Bulgarian, Czech, and Turkish language files.
- NEW: added default value configuration for Tag Panel fields that is used when multiple files are selected.
- CHG: MP4 desc atom is now mapped to DESCRIPTION instead of SUBTITLE to improve compatibility with other software. (#43507)
- FIX: files and directories passed via command line to an existing instance were always added. (#43407)
- CHG: non-audio files are now ignored from tag writing processes. (#43487)
- FIX: files without extension were added to file list if loaded via drag'n'drop or command line. (#19223, #43480)
- FIX: icons for non-audio files used audio-file icon in file list. (#43480)
- FIX: auto-numbering wizard did not use given total count of tracks to determine number of leading zeros. (#43120)
- FIX: configuration file was not written in some cases if the session was ended through Windows. (#42287, #42331, #42800)
- FIX: field MOVEMENTTOTAL was written at subtrack level and is now written at the parent track level for Matroska.
- NEW: added copy, cut and paste for individual fields to extended tag dialog. (#19495, #40816, #41151)
- FIX: tag sources framework function 'json_select_array' did not convert UTF-8 encoded data correctly. (#43228)
- CHG: various UI color changes for improved usability under Windows high-contrast mode and dark themes.
- CHG: improved command line parser so that multiple file paths and folder paths are now supported.
- FIX: MusicBrainz tag source omitted joinphrases for featuring artists. (#43073)
- CHG: improved sorting behavior at list of user-defined tools. (#43054)
- FIX: status bar and tag panel lists showed data from previous selection in some cases. (#43035)