Mp3tag v2.98 released
I've just released Mp3tag v2.98 and wanted to take the opportunity to detail some of the new features and changes for you.
Discogs tag sources with multiple search criteria
The existing album-only search for Discogs often produced too many results or results that were not totally relevant for the current search. This is why many users wished for multiple search criteria for metadata-lookup from Discogs. The current version adds new tag sources for Discogs and Discogs Cover Art, namely:
- Search by Artist + Album
- Search by Artist + Title
- Search by Artist + Year
Improvements for Web Sources Framework
The Web Sources Framework now supports up to three different search criteria and has support for reusing tag sources to reduce code duplication.
There are many other changes and fixes. See the changelog below and definitely get the new version.
Download the new version
Support my work as an Indie Developer
As always, thank you for reading, your interest and your support.
Additional Features and Fixes
Click here to expand
- added Discogs tag source for search via artist and album.
- added Discogs tag source for search via artist and title.
- added Discogs tag source for search via artist and year.
- added Discogs cover-only tag source for search via artist and album.
- added Discogs cover-only tag source for search via artist and title.
- added Discogs cover-only tag source for search via artist and year.
- added support for including files from tag sources to reuse common parts.
- added support for multi-field search for tag sources.
- added support for more descriptive SearchBy parameters for tag sources.
%_cover_width%were not mentioned in documentation.
- error when copying cover art with invalid unset mimetype to clipboard.
- undefined application state when changing filter while writing changes to files. (#46130)
- files without extension were added to file list if loaded via Explorer shell extension. (#46100)
- accidentally switched positions of cover save and cover remove buttons at extended tag dialog (since v2.96b).
- file version info still showed 22.214.171.124 and v2.96b.