Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2020

Today, I’m writing to thank you for being part of the Mp3tag community ! I've loved every minute of working on Mp3tag over the past year and I hope you’ve enjoyed using it too :grinning:

I’ve released a total of 8 new versions of Mp3tag in 2019 (not counting the beta versions). It’s great to look back and reflect on the various improvements that went into it over this year. My highlight is the option to have multiple search criteria for tag sources . This is already used for the various Discogs tag sources — it improves the search experience and the quality of the results. I also love the revamped auto-numbering wizard with support for disc numbers. And the advanced configuration option to toggle listing chapters as separate files. It’s a special feature and is probably used only by few, but it improves the app for those who need it. I’ve just counted: 2019 brought a total of 30+ new features, 15+ changes, and 50+ fixed issues.

I’m also very grateful for all of you who supported me and my project with a donation. I’m already in year 4 after I went full Indie Developer and, although challenging at times, it wouldn’t have been possible without your support. It's awesome that you’re caring and it feels very good to be part of this larger community! Thank you whole-heartedly. :orange_heart: Your support matters.

I’ve also (re-)started a huge project in 2019: I’m currently working daily on Mp3tag for macOS . It’s a new platform (macOS) and a new programming language (Swift) and I’m learning new things every day. I’ll start a beta access program in the first half of 2020 and will make sure to invite every macOS user via the newsletter. I’ve already tagged files using this app!

Most importantly, I’m wishing you a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a healthy and inspiring New Year 2020. :christmas_tree: :sparkles:

See you next year! Until then, enjoy and take care
— Florian

8 Likes

Thanks for everythings. Merry Christmas :heartbeat:

1 Like

Thanks for all your hard work and the best tagging program in the world!

1 Like

Happy New Year to you too.

And, a very big THANK YOU for what is truly an irreplaceable piece of software.

1 Like

HYN Florian and best of luck with swift. Learning new programming lauguages is great and keeps you on your toes.

Best of luck in the future!!