Mp3tag v3.00 released

Mp3tag v3.00 released

We’ve reached v3.00 :raised_hands:

All of you who are in there since v2.50 (released in 2012) or even v2.00 (released in 2002) know how many changes, improvements, and new features went into Mp3tag throughout the years. And yes, it means that we did this now 100 times since v2.00 (not counting the ~5 beta versions per final release).

As you probably can tell, I’m proud today. I also feel tremendous gratitude towards everyone who has supported me on that ongoing journey.
Thanks a lot for being part of this!

I’ve also wanted to take the opportunity to detail some of the new features and changes for you.

Action "Adjust cover" to resize cover art

Many hardware players have certain limitations on the size of cover art and then it's sometimes just nice to scale down this 10000x10000 cover to a reasonable size. You can also use this action type to convert from JPEG to PNG or vice versa. It's quite handy and I hope it improves your workflow.

MusicBrainz tag sources with multiple search criteria

The MusicBrainz tag source now also offers two distinct search fields for album and artist and adds support for MUSICBRAINZ_RELEASEGROUPID along the way.

Accessibility related improvements

I've reworked most of the menu-drawing code in high-contrast modes so that it is now more in line with the native menus that the various supported versions of Windows are providing. Also, some buttons and menus were not accessible to screen readers ‐ if you're noticing something like that, please let me know.

:rocket: Download the new version (it's v3.00! :tada:)

https://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html

:orange_heart: Support my work as an Indie Developer

https://www.mp3tag.de/en/donations.html

As always, thank you for reading, your interest and your support.
— Florian

Additional Features and Fixes

Click here to expand

New Features

• action type 'Adjust cover' to resize cover art via actions. (#4662, #12512, #15355, #18061, #45228)
  • added support for MusicBrainz field MUSICBRAINZ_RELEASEGROUPID to MusicBrainz tag source. (#3591)

Changes

• added option to set file open dialog filter to all files at converter "Text file - Tag". (#46868)
  • changed Discogs tag sources to use album artist instead of artist if present.
  • changed to use double pipe symbol as SearchBy delimiter for tag sources.
  • disabled notification messages after changing, removing and saving tags by default.
  • improved detection of high-contrast modes.
  • improved visual appearance of menu styles to conform with system defaults.
  • json_select_array with index parameter now selects the object if array contains objects at web sources framework. (#47371)
  • MusicBrainz cover tag source now also uses multi-field search for album and artist.
  • MusicBrainz tag source now also uses multi-field search for album and artist.

Bug Fixes

• automatically escape special characters used for scripting at chosen file name for action "Import text file". (#46620)
  • buttons to display format string helper menu were not accessible. (#46797)
  • clipped text for longer search-by labels at tag sources search dialog. (#46952)
  • cover-type submenu of cover-art context-menu was not accessible for screen readers. (#46796)
  • creating action groups with backslashes in its name did not work and was silently discarded. (#46544)
  • display error message if non-existent file cannot be renamed. (#46956)
  • extended info in playlists could contain newline characters from tag contents. (#46939, #46998)
  • format string helper menu also showed _DIRECTORY and _SEPARATOR as tag fields if used on Tag Panel. (#46861)
  • format string helper menu could contain duplicate entries for standard tags fields.
  • improved appearance of menu selection colors and menu text styles and colors in high-contrast modes. (#46799)
  • multi-field search for tag sources used encoding on whole parameter fragment when building URLs. (#47197)
  • MusicBrainz release type was not parsed anymore.
  • removed duplicated entry for ACOUSTID_ID from list of standard tag fields.
  • removed single dash from characters that are replaced from pre-filled search string for MusicBrainz tag source.
  • unspecific error message after add field dialog at extended tag dialog looses focus while no field is selected. (#47427)
7 Likes