Mp3tag v3.01 released
The world is in another place since the last time I've written release notes in this section. I hope that all of you are staying safe and healthy.
I’ve used my time working from home and practicing social distancing to create a new version of Mp3tag and wanted to take the opportunity to detail some of the new features and changes for you.
Support for the WebM file format
This new version adds support for the WebM file format (file extension *.webm), a container format that is mainly used for video in the context of the web.
Feature "Adjust cover" to resize cover art
I've added the feature "Adjust cover", which I've introduced as action with the previous release, to the right-click context-menu of the cover art window.
Availability of freedb servers
The current operator of the public freedb servers announced to stop its services as of March 31, 2020. I've decided to not remove the freedb feature from Mp3tag for now, because it could be that alternative servers emerge from this situation.
If not, I can only recommend to use MusicBrainz. It's a high-quality alternative to freedb and is officially supported by Mp3tag.
Download the new version
Support my work as an Indie Developer
As always, thank you for reading, your interest and your support.
Take care and stay safe
Additional Features and Fixes
Click here to expand
- added 'Adjust cover' to resize cover art via cover context menu. (#47644, #47682)
- added support for
*.jfifimage file extension when adding cover art. (#47546)
- added support for WebM Container
- added support for WebM Container
*.webmfor Explorer context menu shell extension (requires restart to be updated if already installed).
- added option to retry write to file operations from file list if file is being used by another application.
- added option to retry write to file operations if file is being used by another application. (#3487, #5786, #18951, #19047, #44969)
- moved MP4-related optimization functions to Utils submenu in right-click context menu.
- optimized performance of local freedb index creation.
- replace action now uses more characters to detect word boundaries if match as whole word is enabled. (#48186)
- web sources commands
debugwriteinputnow use app data directory as base if output filename has relative path.
- filtered file list was not refreshed in some cases when files were added via drag and drop. (#48016)
- iTunes Soundcheck data produced by $rg2sc() was not detected for MP3 ID3v2 anymore. (#8069, #47702)
- list column width was not automatically adjusted when resizing action and export dialogs. (#45316)
- local freedb index database was deleted right after creation in some cases. (#40956)
- multi-field search for album-only tag sources used encoding on whole parameter fragment when building URLs.
- multi-field search for tag sources did not expand search placeholder
%sin URLs anymore. (#48172)
- navigation via tab was not possible at extended tags dialog if previous or next buttons reached the end and got disabled.
- populating the context menu and setting the context-menu item texts was off in some cases (since v3.00a). (#47882)
- possible memory issue when handling Apple QuickTime chapter information.
- possible runtime error when editing files via the file list while files were loading. (#47085)
- save configuration did not include
*.incfiles from tag sources directory. (#48220)
- saving MP4 with existing QuickTime chapters used global title instead of chapter names when creating Nero chapters. (#47883)
- track length for Matroska files with chapters was length of first chapter also if listing of chapters as separate files was disabled. (#47564)
- web sources command
gotolinefailed if target line was empty. (#47769)