I'm happy to release this new version. It fixes two issues that haunted me over months (even years) and with the help of this community, I was able to finally resolve those.
The new version also comes with some other and nice improvements and I want to take the opportunity to detail some of the new features and changes for you.
This took some time and Mp3tag is finally able to also edit (and not only display) cover art for Matroska MKA/MKV files. Matroska is one of the most complex tagging specs I've worked with, so I'm especially happy that editing image attachments to the container is now possible.
The WebP image format is by no means standard at this point. The recommended formats for embedded cover art are still JPG and PNG. However, many online sources and people are using this modern image format and I wanted to at least give the option with Mp3tag. You can even use Mp3tag to convert from WebP to JPG or PNG. A modern and recommended player with WebP support is foobar2000.
I've extended the list of supported MP4 metadata fields that are related to iTunes and Apple Music:
- ITUNESALBUMID (
- ITUNESARTISTID (
- ITUNESCOMPOSERID (
- ITUNESCOUNTRYID (
- ITUNESGENREID (
- XID (
As always, thank you for reading, your interest and your support.
Enjoy and take care
Click here to expand
- added support for editing cover art for Matroska MKA/MKV tags. (#12641, #18518, #19588, #19599, #40845, #40859, #40883, #41895, #46630, #50619)
- added support for MP4 fields
XID. (#43189, #48614, #51715, #52610)
- added support for WebP images for cover art. (#51592)
- added advanced tagging option to always display
POPULARIMETERfield for ID3v2 rating instead of app-specific convenience fields. (#11847)
- added option to configure the image quality when resizing cover art via 'Adjust cover'. (#50623)
- not using ID3v2 unsynchronization scheme anymore when writing ID3v2.4 due to compatibility reasons with apps that don't implement the standard.
- removing Matroska segment title if it differs from global tag title.
- using special filenames
backfor front and back covers at Matroska attachments. (#19599)
- creating multiple fields using the multiple fields delimiter
\\via replace or other actions was not possible. (#52862)
RATINGto list of standard fields. (#14581)
ACOUSTID_FINGERPRINTto list of standard fields on new installations or field-list reset. (#52570)
- updated Brazilian Portuguese, Czech, Finnish, Italian, Portuguese, Swedish, and Turkish translation.
- layout problem where dropdown fields on Tag Panel were sometimes partially hidden behind vertical scrollbar. (#44693, #48749, #52556, #52601)
- occasional crash after using the extended tag dialog due to heap corruption. (#52713)
- drawing artifacts when resizing columns and splitter at tag-sources results. (#52479)
- occasional cannot write to file error when editing tags via navigation in the file list (since v3.05a).
- regression to a possible runtime error when running actions that result in empty fields (since v3.05f).
- sorting tag-sources result by length did not work correctly if length column exceeded the one hour mark. (#52928)
- suggest sorting of tag-sources result by length was still flaky. (#52928)