Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2022

Today, I’m writing to thank you for being part of the Mp3tag community!

If you’ve followed me along 2021, you probably know how important this year was for me: I’ve released Mp3tag for Mac back in February after 1.5+ years of development (and many more of experimenting and thinking about it). That was a big personal success! I’m happy to have made that a reality that is now part of the world. I’m working on both versions in parallel now — Windows and Mac — and it’s great to see that Mp3tag is used by many, many people.

Mp3tag for Windows

Over the 6 versions of Mp3tag for Windows released in 2021, my favorite new features and improvements are support for Dark Mode (it was my 3rd attempt to make it happen), the confirmation questions to save unsaved changes (tiny change, big effect...), and support for Matroska cover art (the most complex tagging format ever!). It’s also great that Windows 11 is now supported and the Explorer context menu finally got an icon. I’ve just counted: 2021 brought a total of 20+ new features, 20+ changes and improvements, and 30+ fixed issues.

Mp3tag for Mac

Since the 1.0 release of Mp3tag for Mac, I’ve released 16 new versions this year with a total of 30+ new features, 30+ changes and improvements, 25+ fixed issues, and 9 translations into local languages. It was a busy year and I’m very happy about the current state of the app. I already have plans for further improvements, but this will all unfold in the coming year and beyond. I’ll keep you posted :slight_smile:

Your Support

I’m also very grateful for all of you who supported me and my project with a donation or by buying a license for Mp3tag for Mac. I’ve removed the Google Ads from my website in May due to privacy concerns regarding surveillance capitalism and with that, also said goodbye to its stable income. This was only possible because I could trust enough in people supporting my work directly — some of you even monthly as Sustaining Patrons (it’s now at 1/3 of the previous income from ads)! It's awesome that my work is valuable to you and it makes me happy to know that this is possible and you people exist! Thank you wholeheartedly :pray:

Our Community

A community of any kind is nothing without its people and I'm filled with gratitude and pride that you are part of it. Thanks a lot to the regulars on this forum (@ohrenkino, @LyricsLover, @poster, @MotleyG, @ryerman) and all the other members who are willing to share their knowledge and experience with other members. My hope is, that we can all continue to try keeping the human in mind, when lots of our communication becomes more and more digital — but also just in our day-to-day encounters.

That’s it for today! I’m wishing you a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a healthy New Year 2022. :christmas_tree: :sparkles:

Thank you for reading, your interest, and your support.

See you next year! Until then, enjoy and take care
— Florian

7 Likes

Thank you @Florian for your passion, and ongoing development of mp3tag. Without your tool, there would be no community to be supported. I wish you and all of the mp3tag-ers a very happy holiday season!

1 Like

Thank you for all the hard work, happy holidays.
:christmas_tree:

1 Like