I had my birthday last week and spent the day outside in surprisingly warm and sunny autumnal nature What a beautiful present!
As a present for you, I've just released Mp3tag v3.11 and wanted to outline some of the new features and changes:
It can be difficult to inspect the quality and details of the embedded cover directly
from the cover window of the Tag Panel. To alleviate this, I've added a larger cover preview
available via double click on the cover on the Tag Panel.
A long-standing feature wish for many: Mp3tag's Explorer context-menu entry now has an icon and is easier to recognize.
The new Windows 11 Explorer context menu caught many by surprise. Existing context menu extensions were only available via a Show more options... entry, which meant an extra indirection to something that's supposed to speed up interaction.
I've now implemented all the extra steps that are necessary to appear in the top-level context menu and things should be back to comfortable again.
As always, thank you for reading, your interest and your support.
Enjoy and take care
Click here to expand
- added cover preview via double click on the cover on the Tag Panel. (#14839, #18769, #44340, #45362, #50462, #53985)
- added menu icon to Explorer context menu shell extension (requires restart to be updated if already installed and in use).
- added support for new Windows 11 context menu. (#54629, #54833)
- added support for cover types other than Front and Back for APEv2 using
Cover Art (type)as naming scheme. (#54604)
- added support for MP4 fields
- position of most dialogs is remembered now. (#52524)
- choosing portable installation won't remove desktop and start-menu shortcuts anymore. (#54693)
- reflect that option to include development builds on checking for updates is always enabled when using a development build. (#54685)
- WAV and AIFF files with extra null bytes at end of RIFF chunks are now read despite these inconsistencies.
- cover art with same size in bytes and different content were not reported as different covers at Tag Panel and Extended Tag Dialog. (#54602)
- editing tag fields in extended tag dialog did not refresh background in dark mode (since v3.08a). (#54611)
- ensured that no duplicates are listed in the Tag Panel genres list and changed the default example for user-defined genres to
Audio Dramaon new installs. (#54631)
- focus was lost from Tag Panel in some cases when navigating to next/previous file via Ctrl+N/Ctrl+Shift+N and file was saved (since v3.07a). (#53863)
- position of progress dialog was not always remembered. (#52524)
- read-only file attribute was silently removed when writing tags (since v3.05a). (#54812)
- regression regarding background color in light mode (since v3.08a). (#54674)
- writing cover art of the same type resulted in identical APEv2 field names which are not allowed according to the specification. (#54604)