nero digital mp4 and itunes problem

Hello my first post here :slight_smile:

I have some mp4 files that I try to use mp3tag to tag them. When i copy them into Itunes it doesn'r read the tag (winamt does though) Is there a method I can use to make the tags readable for Itunes?

DevBuild: Edited M4A Fail in iTunes

If the file was already in itunes before you tagged it with mp3tag, you need to remove it from the itunes database and load it again to make itunes recognize the changes.

If that is not the case, maybe try the latest Dev Build

The files aren't already in itunes and the latest dev build did not help. (2.32r) I have the latest Itunes (4.9)

Any other suggestions?

You can send a file to Florian. Maybe he finds the problem.

It's very unlikely that this gets resolved until Apple publishes specifications on their tagging format/mp4 parsing techniques.

As far as I can see, these tags are perfectly valid.

Well, thanks for reply Florian - I guess I have to change to winamp then... :slight_smile:

This is a great program, by the way!

This problem is still effecting me too... Kinda painfully too... I've found that it's constantly (yet randomly) losing the "genre" field when I put new files into iTunes... Very annoying... Any ideas?

P.S. iTunes is also truncating the tags in some of my MP3 files too btw...

The latest version of Mp3tag brings several improvements with regards to MP4 tagging AFAIK. Maybe your problems are fixed already.

I think I'm using the latest version... But will have to double check when I get home...

P.S. I've just noticed that I've been previously warned for cross-posting! Ouch! I didn't think I was that much of a troll... I guess it takes a lot of work work Florian to keep these boards in shape... I'll try harder - but you know how fruitless the "search" function can be sometimes...

Your profile information reads version 2.27 - current version is 2.37c.