possible tag panel issue in 2.35b

Florian -

I think I may have found an issue with the new Tag Panel options in that you are not able to see all of the text in a long string.

Standard Title Field
Text: Just Be (Feat Kirsty Hawkshaw) (Carmen Rizzo's Chillout Mix)
On Select: When you either click directly on the field or tab to it, the entire string is highlighted and aligned to the right giving you visibility to the right side of the string.

Custom Title Field
Text: Just Be (Feat Kirsty Hawkshaw) (Carmen Rizzo's Chillout Mix)
On Select: When you either click directly on the field or tab to it, the entire string is highlighted but, the text stays left aligned and you cannot scroll to the right to see the rest of the string. When you copy the text out it does paste the entire string.

Logan,

I can reproduce this and will fix it to the next release. Thank you for reporting that issue!

Best regards,
~ Florian

One other thing I noticed while testing this is that when you select a field but do not make any changes, the status bar still reports:

Writing data to file "" ... ready!

and the Modified Date is updated even though nothing has changed.

This occurs on both the standard & custom sections of the Tag Panel.

When you simply Control+N through the list of files, the message is not reported.

Is this expected?

Yes, Mp3tag rewrites the tags (even if there were no changes).

Found another issue (depending on how you look at it):

If you add a field to the custom section that exists in the standard section (such as Title), the tag will only be updated if you make the updates in the custom field.

I'm assuming that the application updates the tags with the information from the standard panel, then saves updates from custom panel.

I would suggest:

A. Not allow 'standard' fields to be added to the custom panel
B. Synchronize the fields so that what is typed in one is replicated to the other (not fun)
C. Add an attribute that sets the save priority of the standard & custom panels (not fun either)

I'll fix it to the next release :slight_smile:

Best regards,
~ Florian

Fixed :slight_smile:

Confirmed, thanks!