Re-Adding Mp3tag To Context Menu

I'm using Mp3tag in a portable setup. So when I format my machine I can use it right away. The only thing I don't like doing is backing up a registry key to add Mp3tag back to the context menu everytime. It's easy yes, but then I have to find and add that key everytime.

Could there be a button added in the options to quickly do this in the future or even have it there to fix broken association?

Thanks!

You could always make a batch file to be run on the command line.

REG ADD HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mp3file\shell\Mp3tag\Command
REG ADD HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mp3file\shell\Mp3tag\Command /ve /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Program Files\Mp3tag\Mp3tag.exe /fn:%1"

Steve

EDIT: adding /f will allow it to run without any confimation.

Can't you just reinstall Mp3tag to accomplish this? I install the development builds all the time - it takes just a few seconds for the entire installation process - and the Explorer context menu options are given in the installation wizard.

Why would I reinstall it? That makes a null point of a portable install and preserving my settings.

Reinstalling would be a huge pain as I'd have to backup all my setting first and then replace them manually again.

I think I'll just stick with the registry key.

No, no, no. That's the point I was making. A reinstall does retain your settings. Use your portable install, then take ten seconds to run through the Mp3tag install wizard, making sure you check off 'Explorer extensions' and you're done. You don't have to fiddle with the registry.

QUOTE (eusty @ Apr 1 2007, 17:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You could always make a batch file to be run on the command line.
REG ADD HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mp3file\shell\Mp3tag\Command
REG ADD HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mp3file\shell\Mp3tag\Command /ve /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Program Files\Mp3tag\Mp3tag.exe /fn:%1"

Steve

EDIT: adding /f will allow it to run without any confimation.

This doesn't work for me under Win 7. Does anyone have another solution?

Again: reinstall. Unless, for some reason, this doesn't work on Windows 7.

The program wasn't installed at all under Win 7. It was originally installed portable under win XP on another system.

Anyone?

Look in these threads:
/t/9794/1
/t/10202/1

Thank you.

Well, the reg files don't help me since it needs mp3tag to be installed in in a specific folder and that kinda defies one of the purposes of a portable install. =(

Is there a way to edit what the folder should be?

Well open the reg files with a text editor and change the paths.