Russian - Русский

Translators: @k.andzhanovskii

This topic is all about the Russian translation of Mp3tag for Mac.

If you'd like to help translate Mp3tag to Русский or if you spot a mistake, have suggestions, or comments, please leave your reply here.

https://crowdin.com/project/mp3tag-for-mac/ru

Thank you for creating the topic. I did some translating a couple of days ago, will resume later this week.

A fair amount of menu items that are just the macOS system ones, so I will switch my system language into Russian and compare and copy the translation. I think it is important to have consistency in this case.

I also inspected the Russian translation for the Windows version of the app. It would make sense to mimic the main terminology, even though I slightly disagree with some elements.

That sounds just great! Thank you. And I think you should go your route where you disagree, in the end people will mention it if something is totally off (what I don't expect).

As a related note, you can start any application with a different locale by passing the following command-line argument to the application binary when starting via the command line:

-AppleLanguages '(ru)'

It seems like the Russian translation came to an halt. So if you're a Russian user of Mp3tag for Mac and like to help with the localization, please feel free to chime in :slight_smile: