String Adding and Numbering Question

I was wondering how I could add a specific string to an let’s say title, without overwriting the existing info
Example: “Track 01” => “My Album Track 01”, then the next one would be “Track 02” => “My Album Track 02”

On the same token, how I can I generate running numbers for e.g. Title
Example: “My Album Track 01”, then the next one would be “My Album Track 02”, etc.

Thanks!

PS: How come that WMP10 does not recognize my revised ID tags for mp3???

FAQs

Create a new "Format values" action and enter the following for the "TITLE" field: %title% $num(%_counter%,2)

Edit: The above is available if you simply want to append a number to the existing title content. If you want to replace the content of the title, use My Album Track $num(%_counter%,2)

Did you set MP3Tag to write ID3v1 or ID3v2 tags? If so, it should work. If it doesn't, I guess it's a WMP problem. It either uses a database for storing cached tags or whatever, no idea. :frowning:

Thanks much for your reply. Creating an action worked! Is there an overview what those "%", "$", etc. do?

Concerning those ID. I used the default from the initial installation; so both, v1 and v2 were checked for both, reading and writing. Any chance that this could have caused the confusion? I am re-doing my TAGs again. This time, I unchecked v1 for Read. So far it seems to work, but I have a couple of albums more to go.

Well "$" indicates a built-in function, like "$num()", "$add()", "$if()"... and "%" indicates a field like "%title%", "%comment%", "%artist%", "%replaygain_track_gain%" etc.

Regarding your WMP problem, writing ID3v1 and ID3v2 should be fine. In your WMP options, check that WMP isn't replacing your data with information received from the Internet ("Media Library" tab or something like that).

Thanks for your speedy reply. Much appreciated!!