Tag Source for Mac MP3TAG

Hi All,
I am looking for a way to use Tag Sources in Mac version of MP3Tag. Mac doesn't have data/source directory to save the src file. What has to be done to get iTunes API as Tag source in mac version of MP3Tag?

Appreciate if I can also get Wikipedia version as Tag source as well.

Hi and welcome!

It's already been answered here:

It's currently supporting MusicBrainz and Discogs and I'm not yet decided if I'll bring the whole Web Sources Framework over to the Mac version in a future release.

Thank you for the quick response. It is a bummer that different web sources are not supported as it is one of the powerful feature of MP3Tag.

Your vote is definitely counted and I agree, that it's a very powerful feature. I think it's also one of the features that are very original to Mp3tag and one of the parts where it inspired other programs.

However, it's also one of the features where new user struggle the most in terms of installation, updating, and getting the most out of it. It requires ongoing support and constant work to keep the sources alive.

And you can't imagine how many "bug reports" I'm receiving for broken web sources and how many hours went into fixing some of them. I've tried to get all the parts right in Mp3tag for Mac and hastily porting the Web Sources Framework didn't feel like fitting into that vision.

I can only imagine the development side nightmare. But willing to contribute if I am allowed to. Thanks in advance.