Support for Custom Tag Sources

I've spent the past weeks also working on adding support for custom tag sources to Mp3tag for Mac. I've initially thought that adding a completely new framework for developing and supporting custom tag sources would be a good idea. — However, over the past months I've learned that many users asking for custom tag sources know them from the Windows version and expect it to work in a at least similar fashion.

So I took the plunge and revisited the really ancient code and re-implemented the Web Sources Framework for Mp3tag for Mac.

I'm now at a stage where I soon want to invite interested users for beta testing. If this is you, please use Help → Send Feedback and send me an email to request beta access. Please also include in your email which Tag Sources you're most likely to use.

3 Likes

Support for custom tag sources is now publicly available with Mp3tag for Mac v1.6.

I hope all the existing Custom Tag Sources are working as expected. If you find something that’s not, please let me know (including the details) via Help → Send Feedback or here in the Community.

Mashallah finally! So I bought the Mac version immediately and it works. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.