Tags not showing for long paths?

I've come across an issue where no tags are showing for a FLAC that's nested in a quite long/deep path name. This is on a network share on my NAS and I'm accessing it from mp3tag on Windows 7 x64.

The full path name is (take a deep breath! :stuck_out_tongue: ):

\\\\nas-079\MusicLibrary\Music-Legacy\0 - TEMP MULTI-DISC\Emerson, Lake & Palmer (2008) Brain Salad Surgery (Deluxe Edition - Disc 2 Bonus Tracks)\Emerson, Lake & Palmer (01) When The Apple Blossoms Bloom In The Windmills Of Your Mind I'll Be Your Valentine Time.flac

Other files in the same folder are ok (including one named "Emerson, Lake & Palmer (07) Karn Evil 9 - 1st Impression Part 1 [35th Anniversary Version].flac") so I think we're hitting some sort of length limit here. If I move the file/album to a different path mp3tag shows the tags just fine...

Tried a search to see if this is a known issue/bug but wasn't able to find anything, sorry if this is a duplicate post!

-Alex

It is a known issue that relates to the OS. For compatibility reasons a fully qualified filename must not exceed 252 characters.

see e.g. this thread from 2014:
/t/16455/1

Thanks, makes sense. Though FYI I'm not trying to perform any action on the file, just view the tags - mp3tag refuses to even load them. Other applications on the same OS can access the file (and the tags) just fine.

Anyway, it's not a big deal as I don't need to edit anything, I just noticed it by coincidence when updating some other files in the same temporary folder.

-Alex