Want to empty the Genre drop-down list

I have my MP3 library set up in such a way that only a single case is used for each field, like lower-case for Albums and Titles, and upper-case for Artists and Composers. This seems odd, but I hate it when MP3 albums never consistently use case correctly, and it always varies - at least this way I don't have to worry about that aspect of the ID3v2 tags.

Case-changing is quite easy to implement with Case Conversion and the Actions subsystem, but I wish that I could stop the Genre tag from continuously capitalising the first letter (from the drop-down list), as I use lower-case for that field.

Is there a way to empty that drop-down list and put in your own genres, in whatever case you like?

The names for genre are defined for v1 tags where they are represented by one byte
(see http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_der_ID3v1-Genres) - so any player relying on these tags will write its genre the way it likes.

See Dialog "Mp3tag Options/Genres".
Activate "Show only user-defined genres".
Create your own user-defined genre names, press the button "New".

DD.20140428.2111.CEST

The first thing I do when I get new MP3s is to strip out all the ID3v1 tags, as I believe that no MP3 player worth it's salt would use only those.

I'm assuming that "Genre" in ID3v2.3-4 is a text string?

Yes, just what I was looking for. Thanks!