[This question should probably go straight to @Florian]
How does Mp3tag draw all those triangles in menus and such? What font is responsible for all that graphics glyphs used in it?
I am asking because I am trying to clean the ridiculously long list of mostly [at least for me] useless and counterproductive fonts that comes with Windows 10. Many of them are system protected- so even with font managers, registry hacks and by the means of taking ownership of theirs files / folders they are [in my experience] impossible to remove from the system. Except for a simplistic way of running the drive with the system in question under another system as an ordinary drive- so that deleting files from a location like D:\Windows\Fonts is done normally [because the path does not start with the "
C" anymore]; and then going back to using that drive to boot system from
But that is tricky [thence the used by me term "
simplistic" and not "
A] there are hundreds of files
B] many of them have filenames that are uninformative
C] some are really needed by the system; as my problem shows
And that latter one is because I constantly end up having my Mp3tag showing me in the Actions drop down menu an "
8" instead of the usual triangle filled up with blackness pointing to the right [
"▶"] or some wave-like-line, depending on how much / what I remove. Sometimes I even messed up symbols in other places- but after many tries I managed to narrow down the problem to mostly Mp3tag menus. And what is interesting, for example the FreeCommander at the same time has no problems with drawing such elements [as it apparently uses some other glyphs]
And yes I tried leaving / removing obvious fonts like "
webdings or "
ARIALUNI"- and empirically came to a conclusion that these are not the ones I am looking for. I also left alone files like "
StaticCache.dat" and "
fms_metadata.xml"- and from the very beginning of my tryouts, may I add. And also I used the method of removing all the files that start with the same letter, so that I would narrow down the search to a block of files for a further pin pointing- and that is when it stopped making sense, as I got opposing results when compared to my initial results
And a note of warning- such tampering should not be performed without a copy of the system. Because as it comes out, even when I re-installed all the fonts [or should I say files] back to C:\Windows\Fonts, the glitches were no gone. I can reset the system, use the re-installed fonts for writing in whatever software and even see them in Settings of the OS- but the problem of inadequate signs remains [yes : I have a copy of the system- when searching for culprits I was constantly switching between 2 or even 3 drives]
[And I am sorry for not looking into my other recent posts - but the little time I have now I am using up for dealing with such problems like this one on my new operating system]