[WS] Apple Music

Yes, I know. I did not plan to do anything about it, but I changed my mind.

Apple Music for MP3Tag v3.4.zip (26.4 KB)

It will try to find data if you paste in an URL, or ID.

1 Like

No problem at all, once again thank you for your contributions! I love MP3tag, and save me a lot of time as well.

I do a combination of tagging between using you APM/iTunes script and the Beatport Scripts, because outside of using mp3tag to make changes, I tend to use the APM/iTunes app for my idevices.

I'm not a programmer but I do know my way of working with existing code and making the necessary changes if told what to do. Managing different variants isn't ideal, but if adding the coding to the script and blocking it off with # so then the user can make the customizations on their own like the existing Beatport script.

Once again, appreciate your efforts to support us users with your time and this project. Merry Christmas as well and all the best to you!.

please, add to the list of search results 'year' and 'label'

Don't exist from the search,, sorry

Any way to fix multiple artists appearing in artist and albumartist seperated by only , instead of artist1, artist2 & artist3 ? I'd prefer the seperation to be second option.

1 Like

I think this would be easiest to be achieved with a separate action:

@AreDigg Do you have any idea what is causing this bizarre issue?

The only track treated "normally" is the first track. The second track omits it entirely, and every subsequent track has two vertical bars following the track number (e.g., 201||).

How do we format a string so that instead of "Artist, Artist, Artist," it is "Artist, Artist & Artist"?


No, I tried to load the same album, and I don't have the same issue.

Many thanks @AreDigg you're the best. Not as good as the previous script but still the BEST.

EDIT: Missing the UPC, Language and Label tags. Will it be possible to add these ?

Do you suppose it's because I'm still using the 32-bit version of MP3Tag instead of the 64-bit version?

I just switched over to the 64-bit version, and the issue persists.

Okay I tried to edit the script to my liking, spent 3 hours doing it and messed up at every try, finally determined I can't do it on my own and need someone smarter than me to help me out.

I want to change the caps on the tag fields like all tag fields should be where first alphabet is capatalized and the rest are small caps, ex: "Composer", Comment", "Copyright", "iTunesAdvisory", "iTunesCatalogID".

And want want all the tag fields removed except for, artist, title, album, track, year, genre, comment, album artist, composer, copyright, description, disc, isrc, itunesadvisory, itunescatalogid and itunesmediatype.

Who can help me accomplish this ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I truly mean it.

Isn't this a question of post-processing with an action of the type "Case conversion":

@ohrenkino As far as I know, that will change the tags written to the files, not the tag fields, for that script needs to be edited. Thank you for the response and the help though.

Please have a look at the documentation to see the various settings to change the case of special properties:

For language you can add this

json_select "audioLocale"
Say "|"


OutputTo "ISRC"
json_select "isrc"
Say "|"

For the other tags, they are not present in the source data, but you could change PUBLISHER to LABEL if you need it, or use both.

Please ensure you have the newest script, and if you make your own modifications check that they are correct.

I have the newest version, and the problem was there even before I made any modifications.

In that case you receive different data from Apple. I can try to diagnose it, but then you have to take my unmodified script, uncomment line 267: # debug "on" "debug-album.txt" (by removing the #). Then send me the debug-album.txt file, after you have tried it on an album with incorrect data.