[WS] Apple Music

All right: if all I want to do to get OutputTo "COMPOSERSORT" and OutputTo "ARTISTSORT" to work is simply to copy and paste like so:

> OutputTo "COMPOSER"
> json_select "composer"
> SayRest
> Say "|"
> 
> OutputTo "COMPOSERSORT"
> json_select "composer"
> SayRest
> Say "|"

and

> OutputTo "ARTIST"
> json_select "artistName"
> SayRest
> Say "|"
> 
> OutputTo "ARTISTSORT"
> json_select "artistName"
> SayRest
> Say "|"

What equivalent action do I take to get OutputTo "ALBUMARTISTSORT" to work?

Ok, so nothing about my script.

But it is in your script? I edited the .INC file to get the aforementioned to work, but I don't know how to get OutputTo "ALBUMARTISTSORT" specifically to work. Unless I'm misunderstanding something…

If something is wrong or missing in the script, I will take a look.

@AreDigg This is what I mean by your script can't handle any albums whose OutputTo "ALBUMARTIST" contains "Various Artists":

On iTunes, the album artist is "Various Artists & Wendy Carlos":

Yes, that is by design, but I can see if I will make some changes to address this kind of cases.

I can get the tag data by using "AppleMusic.inc" published by AreDigg yesterday, but when I get it from Japanese AppleMusic, I get the string "年" after the album artist's name and "\ミュージック" after the genre.
I am not very familiar with scripts and do not know what to do.
Can someone please fix it for me?

I should be able to fix that, you can also go in settings and choose single genre, then only the genre name and not the music part will show.

Apple have "music" as a genre, I have removed it for a few languages, but haven't gotten to all. But single genre will always show the first only.

The album artist I have to take a look at, it is supposed to remove a year (the string I use for album artist includes the year, and I use a regex, but only for the digits and the delimiting dot, but I see that in Japanese there is also a character for the year).

Have you had any luck regarding the character "年" following album artists' names?

Missing ITUNESGAPLESS, ITUNESGENREID and XID fields. (using v3.14)

1 Like

Those tags are not in the source and I don’t plan to add constructed or random values.

I'm pretty sure i saw Gapless in the dataset either from the iTunes or Apple Music Webscripts? Maybe I'm mistaken?

If I select Russian (&Apple Music#Россия (Русский).src), this will come out

What can it be?

edit: If i type in search line one word, then the results come...

The Russian Apple Music has been a bit limited from Apples side.if you click the item what comes up and can you write here the search term you used?

Russian English works. Russian russian only with 1 Word, example Криминальный - works, криминальный бит not. It comes

Should be fixed in new version.

1 Like