[WS] Audible (Albums and Series)

Thanks - have installed and verified the new version of the script, @lukeiam. Appreciate it!

And @Romano, not sure where you are, but I'm going to assume that Audible has tight restrictions selling into Australia and wants to redirect customers to the AU site whenever possible whereas other geos may be fine? Guessing...

Maybe its that i am in a non speacking english Country

Hi dano,

Thanks a lot for updating the script.
I had a lot of personal trouble and was not able to fix it. Thumbs up!

Hi everyone, i'm trying to tag a book and i'm getting an error.. The initial search works and shows results but when I select the result, I get no results found. any help would be appreciated.

Looks like Audible changed how they handled the ASIN value, I updated the script to point it at the new location and it seems to be working now. Download the latest version https://github.com/seanap/Audible.com-Search-by-Album/archive/master.zip

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Automatically apply Tag Source to each of multiple folders

Great work, however minor bug is when Artist and Narrator are same it adds twice the same name to Artist field separated by coma.

What book is this happening, i have test some and cannot reproduce.
edit: for mine script.

This happens whenever the Author and Narrator are the same person. For the Artist tag I simply combine them: %artist% = %albumartist%, %composer%

Because of programming limitations I am unable to use regex to remove duplicate entries in the artist field within the src script.

I actually tag using two steps, first using the src script to scrape and tag, second using an action script to rename the files and move to the right directory and export the cover to the folder. You can easily duplicate my action script and have another option for books that are read by the author and add an additional action that rewrites the artist tag = author, example below.

1 Like

I actually don't like this feature, i'd love to disable this merging, but cannot find what line inside source code is responsible for it.

For me i want to have separate filelds, author into Artist column narrator into Albumartist column, if i need to merge them its very simple to do using mp3tag's "Tag - Tag" (Alt+5) feature.

Edit: Just noticed you save narrator separately inside "Composer" tag and author saved inside "Album Artist" tag so i can quickly use "Tag-Tag" (Alt+5) to copy "Album Artist" tag to "Artist" tag without need to modify source code.

Line 163 Sets the Author to AlbumArtist
Line 174 Sets the narrator to Composer
Lines 324-327 Copies the Albumartist + Composer

What player are you using that uses those tags like you're describing? Every major player I know expects the composer = narrator. The AlbumArtist is the author of the whole book. And most players that I know of treat the Artist tag as "Artists on this track" which is a per track field. If track 1 is a forward by another author then the artist tag for that track will be different, however the albumartist would be the author or the whole book.

I'm not saying the way you want it doesn't make sense, just that I don't know of any players that use that.

Hi does this work , I have the latest script but it never returns any results

An examples is listed below the book I am testing this on is Delphi Challenge: Delphi in Space, Book 9

Search Terms Tested and return a message saying no entries found.

• Delphi in Space, Book 9
  • Delphi Challenge: Delphi in Space, Book 9
  • Bob Blanton Delphi Challenge
  • Delphi Challenge

JustAHappyUser is in AU and it was forcing a redirect to .com.au . They resolved the issue by editing the host file to force .com. I also modified an additional src script to use .com.au instead, can be found here

I'm chagrinned to admit how long I searched for the folder for dano's invention only to realize it's for Windows only. Now I'm checking to make sure there's no way we mere Mac mortals can use it?

see the mac section:

Mac Now has support in 1.6.
Managed to install the script for: GitHub - seanap/Audible.com-Search-by-Album: Mp3tag Web Sources Scripts

Never run a Web Sources Scripts in Mp3Tag, been doing everything manually taking hours.

Anyone managed to get this to work?
getting this error: ERROR(L5398/findinline): text not found.

Screenshot 2022-10-01 at 15.02.54
Screenshot 2022-10-01 at 15.24.49

Can you give the detailed tag source name (there are several in the linked repository) and the query string that produces the issue?

I've tried with Audible.com → Search by Album using R. A. Savlatore The Legend of Drizzt and get lots of results:

Did you try my version? Mp3tag/Audible.com#Search by Album.src at master · romanoh/Mp3tag · GitHub

@Romano, thanks for the link, yep just tried it.

Get the same error this error: ERROR(L5398/findinline): text not found.
Screenshot 2022-10-01 at 20.16.23

In my pc works fine, i don't have a mac.

You can try this to see:

can you change the line 28:
#Debug "ON" "C:\Users\xxxxx\Desktop\mp3tagdebug.txt"
to
Debug "ON" "ANYFOLDERYOULIKE\mp3tagdebug.txt"

and upload it here(if it works)