[WS] Beatport.com by stevehero [Release, Single Track & Artwork tagging]

MAJOR UPDATE (NOW INCLUDES USER SETTINGS)

Please note: The settings will stick even after upgrading the scripts to newer versions.

Download in the starting post.

You need to upgrade to the versions shown below for PC and MAC.

UPDATE HISTORY

v6.004 2023.08.29

• ADDED: Web Source scripts have now a UI settings dialog. Thanks @Florian. This can now be accessed by going to the menu item > Tag Sources > Beatport by stevehero v6 > USER SETTINGS.
  • ADDED: [MinAppVersionMac]=1.8.4 and [MinAppVersionWin]=3.22 added to check the version of Mp3tag so a message will appear if you're using the wrong version of Mp3tag.
  • CHG: Removed GENRE tag-only scripts.

Preview of the settings dialog:

7 Likes

If I already had couple of my own fields, I can't keep them using the settings file. I tried but my old added fields were deleted. No worries, I have copies. :grinning:

What fields are they?

Awesome - thanks to @stevehero and @Florian again!

1 Like

amazing job guys!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I see. Looks like they could be done with an action afterwards. That way you could just use the scripts out of the box.

Yes, action can be the solution, all added fields in one action. However, my mission is to finish with as few clicks as possible. :grin:

Autohotkey to watch for when the dialog closes (find Beatport in the text UI of the adjust tag into panel) could be a solution if you map the action to a keyboard shortcuts.

2 Likes

I used to use the script
"RELEASE Search by (Album)Artist + &Release.src"
in the most recent version together with MP3Tag 1.8.6.
With this Version i always delete the artwork when i use the script.
Is there any way to avoid this behaviour?

Go to the script options and remove the coverart tag.

1 Like

Can also be done by this:

2 Likes

Hello @stevehero

Thanks for this amazing script. I've noticed a little issue. When we select RELEASE Search By Album + Title, the title field is pre-filled with the name of the first track of the EP instead of the name of the album itself.

On this example, the title should be pre-filled with Lectures as it is the title of the album.

Would it be possible to fix this?

Thanks in advance

That's not a bug the title is the title of the first track in the list. I added this script to sometimes get tricky releases.

The script you're looking for is the album artist and release script.

2 Likes

I have downloaded your latest scripts combined with 3.22 and did try to check if you have found a fix with title mixnames containind only "Remix" with non blank remixers.

I personnaly opted for those couple of lines to sort it out but I don't know if it will create non desired issues with you scripts.

Here is my part of code to get this fixed when searching:

json_select "track_name" # TITLE
sayrest
say " ("
json_select "mix_name"

IfNot "Remix"
sayrest
else
json_foreach "artists"
json_select "artist_type_name"
If "Remixer"
IfOutput "NbRemixers"
say ", "
Endif
json_select "artist_name"
sayrest
Set "NbRemixers" "1"
Endif
json_foreach_end
say " Remix"
Endif
say ")"

and this one for filling Tags :

outputto "TITLE"
json_select "name" # TITLE
sayrest
say " ("
json_select "mix_name"

IfNot "Remix"
sayrest
else
outputto "TITLEADD"
json_foreach "remixers"
json_select "name"
IfOutput "TITLEADD"
say ", "
Endif
sayrest
json_foreach_end
outputto "TITLE"
SayOutput "TITLEADD"
Set "TITLEADD"
say " Remix"
Endif
say ")"

Hope it helps.

Thanks. Have you a problem release URL to check this.

Sure : beatport release ID : # 4202032
TrackID : 17952769

They don't occur quite often but they still happen with certain title so far.

That is a remix. Beatport just don't have a mix artist down for it.

What does your fix do? Get the artist and use that?

There is always a mix artist they just don't compile its name within Title mixname.

Hi Stevehero, could you please explain the whole thing to me step by step. Because I don't have the %AppData% folder. Unfortunately, since my English isn't that good, I have to translate everything into German. Could you perhaps send it to me in German? Thank you