[WS] Discogs (pone mod)

I just tried & still couldn't get Pone to work; Regular Discogs works, but Pone fails with '404 unauthorized' etc...

Also, I'm always reluctant to update mp3tag versions as every time Discogs auth stops working.
Sometimes it can get it to work by mucking around with complete uninstalls and registry remnants removals, but sometimes it still doesn't work.
I've got 3 computers using mp3tag (mine, wife's & work's), and only one still works with Discogs.
1 PC sometimes will suddenly then work but 1 PC now hasn't worked for months, just gives the same as Post #763.
3 different discog accounts too, so it's not like the API keys are getting messed up.

So annoying how the folks at Discogs seem to be changing things (I assume).

It's great so many folks here are trying to get it all sorted.

I'm totally lost when it comes to the scripting language, so I don't touch anything... I just hope one day everything works like it used to back in the day (before Discogs changed authentication methods :angry: etc)

Sorry morts, I don't know what to say... Pone v4.4, after replacing the export files and doing the "create scripts" action, is working fine for me. I only had to authorize once. Using mp3tag v2.75.

Hi there,
For those how don't like to read all the post to get pone script working again I claim all information and put in one working file.
For me it work perfect :stuck_out_tongue: but use it one your own risk.
Follow the first post to install.

Discogs_Pone_Mod_4.4_update.rar (48.8 KB)

Can confirm - works great! Many thanks.

Thank you very much! Your update file worked perfectly for me!
Kudos!

Hello Elhem and thank you for the reply.

Updated Mp3tag to the latest 2.77 version, updated script using the one provided by jokertest on Post #770 and I'm getting the following error at the regular (non-Pone) Discogs search:

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: I believe that I've found myself the root cause on this post. Translated:

"Unfortunately, Windows XP (and Server 2003, my scenario) does not support SSL on TSL 1.2, so that access to the Discogs API by Windows XP can unfortunately no longer be supported now."

What now? Running Win 7 not XP.



I'm now getting the same error as Blackbeen.
v2.77 on win 7
worked fine yesterday - now getting:

 Failed to authenticate using OAuth (1)
12175: 12175:  a Security error occurred

any Ideas?

is there a way to reset/delete discogs token?

ditto. Getting the same error message. Discog's api still works since I can still browse it using my personal token (https://www.discogs.com/settings/developers).

However, after removing mp3tag's authorization (Logged into Discogs > Settings > Applications), mp3tag no longer prompts for an authorization code nor is the discogs application authorization page brought up.

Same error here with all Discogs scripts since today, including the regular 'built-in' Discogs Tag Source.
Ver. 2.75/Win7

Today with pone:


Default Discogs script is working again.

Ver. 2.77/Win7


Yes, but this script is virtually worthless, id rather just manual tag.

Same issues as above few posts: failed to authenticate using OAuth - 403: forbidden

Tried deleting current access key in discogs and reset mp3tag, but still returning the same issue.

Is it something Discogs side, they seem to keep changing it; what with cover art issues before with the scripts and now this!

Try to put
[UserAgent]=1
juste after the line [Encoding]=utf-8 in the head of the file.

None of that is found in Discogs__Pone__Direct_by_Discogs__ID.

Just try after the line:
[SearchBy]=$if2(%DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID%,$if2(%DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID%,$if2(%DISCOGSID%,%DISCOGS-ID%)))

Sadly, this didn't work for me; still getting 403: Forbidden.
EDIT: Nevermind it works, thanks!
I was accidently editing the .mte file in 'export' rather than the .src file in 'data\sources'.
Thanks again.

Works for me in both the Pone Updated script and the Mp3tag Discogs script. Thanks for the solution.

Gary

Thanks!

Also worked for me. Many thanks.