json_select "type"
    if "primary"
        json_select "uri"
        say "http://cache.mp3tag.de/coxy"
        sayregexp "(?<=\.com).*"
        #sayrest
    endif
json_foreach_end<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

it will only work if discogs release got only 1 primary image, if it has secondary images or multiple primary images it won't work.

Okay, sorry... I have tested this workaround with a selection from 8-10 Albums, and one of this has no Cover. I meant no harm by it

What went wrong? :frowning:

did you authenticate your mp3tag application in the discogs?

mp3tag should ask you to do that first time.

Yes, the normal Discogs function works.

Hi,
does anyone find a way to get the images from Discogs via pone's script by a modification or will pone upgrade this great script?

I tried the JSON method but it did not worked for me. Maybe I did something wrong and someone could add a working script for album search here, so I can do a diff.

Or did Discogs found a way that it is not possible anymore?

read few posts before I've posted a link for workaround for images ..

[WS] Discogs (pone mod)

Thanks mp3taglover for telling me that it should work... And now I managed it. I did a complete reinstall and then added the JSON script - I got my images :slight_smile:

Why do I get this ugly formation under DISCOGS_FORMAT

When Discogs page under Format: clearly has less words.

http://www.discogs.com/Jimmy-Ruffin-Sings-...release/3759671

My settings for FORMAT:

Format (complete):            >DISCOGS_FORMAT

Mediatype:                 >
- with quantity            >yes

Description Category:        >
Description Text:            >

QUOTE (Moshi @ Oct 7 2015, 01:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why do I get this ugly formation under DISCOGS_FORMAT

When Discogs page under Format: clearly has less words.

http://www.discogs.com/Jimmy-Ruffin-Sings-...release/3759671

My settings for FORMAT:

Format (complete):            >DISCOGS_FORMAT

Mediatype:                 >
- with quantity            >yes

Description Category:        >
Description Text:            ><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I do not have this field, but in FORMAT field everything is correct:

for FORMAT i have this code:

# Media Type
json_foreach "formats"
    outputto "Format"
    json_select "qty" 
    ifnot "1"
        sayrest
        say " x "
    endif
    json_select "name"
    sayrest
    json_select_array "descriptions" -1 ", "
    ifnot ""
        say ", "
    endif
    sayrest
json_foreach_end

QUOTE (mp3taglover @ Oct 7 2015, 01:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
for FORMAT i have this code:
# Media Type
json_foreach "formats"
    outputto "Format"
    json_select "qty" 
    ifnot "1"
        sayrest
        say " x "
    endif
    json_select "name"
    sayrest
    ifnot ""
        say ", "
    endif
    sayrest
json_foreach_end<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What the hell... This brakes my plugin. :smiley:

What am I doing wrong?

you need to open %appdata%\mp3tag\data\sources\discogs_pone_script.src (not sure about script name it might be different, as im using my own script based partly on pone)

and add there (maybe at the end):

json "ON"
# Media Type
json_foreach "formats"
    outputto "Format"
    json_select "qty"
    ifnot "1"
        sayrest
        say " x "
    endif
    json_select "name"
    sayrest
    ifnot ""
        say ", "
    endif
    sayrest
json_foreach_end

I'm using modified script kinda mixed of pone_mod and discogs_xml_all adjusted to support json discogs API, let me know if you'd like to have my whole script.

I might but I find it a bit too confusing for me..

What are major differences between your custom script and default one that I'm using?

For the benefit of those who would like to use the discogs pone mod using mp3tag on Mac OSX running on Wine http://www.mp3tag.de/en/mac-osx.html here are some instructions. I don't claim to be in any way an expert, this is just the process that worked for me after some trial and error.

Before doing this it is advisable if you haven't already done so to show filename extensions for all files in OSX https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19072?locale=en_US

1. Download and install mp3tag for Mac OSX http://www.mp3tag.de/en/mac-osx.html
  2. Download the pone mod zip file on the first post of this thread /t/9226/1
  3. Extract the Discogs_Pone_Mod folder (at time of writing Discogs_Pone_Mod_4.4)
  4. Find the mp3tag.app icon (this should be in your applications folder, if it isn't put it in the applications folder), then right click on the mp3tag.app icon and select 'Show Package Contents', this will open the folder which contains the Wine package and mp3tag app.
  5. Navigate to Mp3tag.app > drive_c > Windows > Profiles > Wineskin > Application Data > mp3tag > data > actions
  6. Copy to this folder the .mta files from the folder Discogs_Pone_Mod_4.4 > data > actions
  7. Navigate to Mp3tag.app > drive_c > Windows > Profiles > Wineskin > Application Data > mp3tag > export
  8. Copy to this folder the .mte files from the folder Discogs_Pone_Mod_4.4 > export
  9. Navigate to Mp3tag.app > drive_c > Program Files > mp3tag
  10. Copy to this folder the Discogs Pone 4 Web Script Settings.mp3 file from the folder Discogs_Pone_Mod_4.4
  11. Follow the Script Installation & Usage instructions in the first post in this thread from point 4 onwards (Load Discogs Pone 4 Web Script Settings.mp3 into Mp3tag)

I only ever use the 'Direct by Discogs ID' option which seems to work fine, I haven't tried any of the other search methods.

While I'm here I also want to say a massive thank you to pone for creating this mod which I've been using to tag my vinyl rips for the past several years. I've just switched from Windows to Mac and mp3tag is the only application I use for which there doesn't seem to be a mac equivalent. I spent a lot of time and a fair amount of money testing alternatives but none of them come close to mp3tag with Pone mod. I had almost given up hope and had resigned myself to running mp3tag in Parallels Desktop for Mac and all the additional expense that would entail. So it has really made my day to discover that not only can I run mp3tag on a mac using Wine almost as if it were a native OSX app but I can also run the Pone mod. :smiley:

Hi.
What i have to do that the artwork download works?

Thanks.

4. Load Discogs Pone 4 Web Script Settings.mp3 into Mp3tag.
5. ▼ Run this action group: Discogs Pone>Update Settings Mp3 File.
6.  Open the Extended Tags Window and edit the tag-field values of Discogs Pone 4 Web Script Settings.mp3 to customize the script.
7. ▼ Run this action group: Discogs Pone>Create Scripts .

I am not a computing n00b, but a relative n00b to mp3 tagging ..

I had a huge library to try and tame .. manually managing tagging for all these tens of thousands of tracks was going to be a challenge, so I wanted a system that will auto-tag to some extent .. at least to identify as much as tracks as possible ..

I found mp3tag decent enough because just loading a directory, and then applying 'standard' actions filled in quite a few missing tags for me .. that was a good start

Of course I wanted more, but realized that at some point I will have to resort to manual tag editing ..

I installed this plugin hoping it will improve mp3tag auto-tagging matches for me, but it created a challenge for me instead .. Basically, it replaced my artist column with a comment in tens of thousands of tracks .. it similarly added a comment column to all those tracks ..

I suspect I have used it wrongly, because I never could figure out exactly what I was supposed to do at Open the Extended Tags Window and edit the tag-field values of Discogs Pone 4 Web Script Settings.mp3 to customize the script .. So, it seems I created this problem by running 'create scripts' without properly editing the extended tags ..

Please, can someone point me to some idiot proof explanation/guide on how to edit the extended tags for the discogs pone plugin .. I suspect there are others too who may be similar confused on how to use this plugin ..

Thanks in advance ..

QUOTE (smlova @ Dec 7 2015, 16:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
4. Load Discogs Pone 4 Web Script Settings.mp3 into Mp3tag.
5. ▼ Run this action group: Discogs Pone>Update Settings Mp3 File.
6.  Open the Extended Tags Window and edit the tag-field values of Discogs Pone 4 Web Script Settings.mp3 to customize the script.
7. ▼ Run this action group: Discogs Pone>Create Scripts .

I am not a computing n00b, but a relative n00b to mp3 tagging ..

I had a huge library to try and tame .. manually managing tagging for all these tens of thousands of tracks was going to be a challenge, so I wanted a system that will auto-tag to some extent .. at least to identify as much as tracks as possible ..

I found mp3tag decent enough because just loading a directory, and then applying 'standard' actions filled in quite a few missing tags for me .. that was a good start

Of course I wanted more, but realized that at some point I will have to resort to manual tag editing ..

I suspect I have used it wrongly, because I never could figure out exactly what I was supposed to do at Open the Extended Tags Window and edit the tag-field values of Discogs Pone 4 Web Script Settings.mp3 to customize the script .. So, it seems I created this problem by running 'create scripts' without properly editing the extended tags ..

Please, can someone point me to some idiot proof explanation/guide on how to edit the extended tags for the discogs pone plugin .. I suspect there are others too who may be similar confused on how to use this plugin ..

Thanks in advance ..

It's very simple.

First you need to go to the directory where Discogs Pone 4 web Script Settings.mp3 file is:

Second, you select it and hit Alt+T, and there you go you can see all settings:

You alter settings you need there by clicking on each tag and modifying option after '>' sign.

Then, you save tags in the file, and once again file should be selected, you go to the Actions menu and select there:

and now you have scripts under:

It won't give you automatic tagging ability, because there are thousands of editions of albums/singles out there on discogs, so it's kinda hard to make auto-selection without providing proper discogs release ID.

However, it helps a lot to automate actions of tagging specific releases with discogs information.

million thanks for the explanation, and with images too .. certainly idiot-proof enough .. :slight_smile:

that explains it, I need to navigate to the directory ..

Will give this a go in the evening when back home .. and yes, I understand it may not help improve automatic tagging ..

well, certainly it helps a lot in tagging you wouldn't need to fill all titles and artist names manually, you just select files in certain directory, click on web sources, select discogs pone, fill in ID of discogs or search particular release and everything gets filled for you in selected files..

Any idea or any suggestion on how to fix cover art issue? It's been a while since the issue appeared. After all the years of using pone mod (THE BEST OF ALL TIMES!) I can't let it go and keep my library tagged but containing no cover art in files. Really need a solution how to keep it organized the way I'm used to. Maybe there is any tool which will read discogs ID from audio files and match it and download cover art? Or any script fixes available but I was blind to find one? Please reply anyone, need your help! Thank you