[WS] Discogs (pone mod)

Hello
Respect for the excellent script. :slight_smile:
I have some questions to configure.
At the beginning of:

1. How to disable save in tags: artist, album and titles.

Part of the music is well tagged and I just want to upgrade with additional information from the discogs.

2. Format settings - Format (complete) -

In the list of results shows: ... Vinyl, LP, Remastered, Compilation
    And writes to the tags: ......... 2 x Vinyl, LP,, "Compilation", Remastered,, "Compilation", Compilation,, 180g, ...... (I prefer the version from the list of results)

3. How to set Releasetype (eg Album, Compilation) and Releasestatus (eg Official, Unofficial Release)
    Greeting
    Zwanzig

EDIT:
2 and 3 SOLVED

Hi, do you plan on publishing it on github?

Another question: can you make a tutorial to explain how we can fect info from a release ID?
I really don't understand the explanations you give in the first post...

No tutorial, sorry. I started something like that several times. To messy for me,too.

In the settings file, you can leave every place for tag field names empty. These tag fields are not written at all.

In your case, at "ARTIST NAMES":
Artist - Primary Name: >
Artist - Name Variation: >

and at "OTHER FIELDS & OPTIONS":
Album: >
Title: >

I use foobar2000 which can show every custom mp3 field you want.

Another option would be to use COMMENT for this information (it's called track index at discogs).
Go to "OTHER FIELDS & OPTIONS" and write:
Track Index: >COMMENT

Or you add it to the ALBUM tag field with an mp3tag action.
Format Tag-Field: ALBUM
$if(%chapter%,%album% '('%chapter%')',%album%)

I thought I would have built some option into the script to combine Album and Track Index into one field. But I can't find that now. If there is a purpose for that mybe a can make an update.
But I guess I won't find the time

What do you mean by "music". Genre or Style?

If you adapt the script you can search for all categories you see here: https://www.discogs.com/search/advanced

Here is a little explanation with the right trigger words:
https://www.discogs.com/developers/#page:da...database-search

• take the .src file one of the existing "Search by (Album)Artist + ..." scripts
  • go to the line which starts with "[SearchBy]="
  • replace the part after "&" with "&genre=%GENRE%" or (maybe better): "&style=%GENRE%"

No sorry.
The track number format used here isn't covered by the "discogs pone/tracklist for albums with multi song track" script.
I won't have the time to debug this. Especially because when I try to do this, various other track numbering format would be read wrong.

You could go to discogs and format the page like this one:
https://www.discogs.com/release/5553165

Can you give the release IDs of a few examples?
Maybe I can look into this.

No. Discogs scripts work only one release (album/single/ep/compilation) at a time.

I remember eliminating things like "-", "CD1" to avoid redundant information which is sometime given as track index at discogs.
I don't know why it leads to a problem here. Maybe I find the time to look into this

QUOTE (JmmyBoy @ Feb 19 2017, 03:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

mp3tag - v2.80
pone - 4.4 Update 1

Everything works fine, except for certain search criteria which results in a 401: UNAUATHORIZED.

I have followed all previous steps with regards to [OAuth] etc.

For example, perform a standard search for the following.
P.O.S. Gravity (Original Mix) = 401
P.O.S. Gravity = 401
P.O.S. = 401
POS = No 401, but not finding relavent results.

The discogs ID that I am trying to get a result for is : 363202

Essentialy, whenever there is a period (.) (hex code 2e) in the search query, my search will fail. Maybe this is an issue some others are reporting with 401's, not realising the period in the search query is giving them this error.

PS. Awsome script.

PPS. Would be cool if there was an option to specify the Genre seperator in the .mp3 settings file - ie pone gives 'House\\Trance\\Techno' - i Prefer 'House / Trance / Techno'

I did manually do this for anyone interested, with the following code change (but would be nice as a settings option)

#< ## GENRE # 
outputto "GENRE"
findinline "\"genres\":" 1 1	
sayregexp "(?<=\")[^,].+?(?=\")" " \\\\u002f " "],"
gotochar 1#><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Your 401 problem is a known bug. Maybe a find the time to fix it. I help myself by replaceing special character with white scpaces.
Can somebody give me a list with the characters that are giveing proplems in the search bar?

For your second problem:
Have you looke into the "GENRE & STYLE" field in the setting file.
You have the standard setting which looks like this:

Genre:                >GENRE
if more than one genre:
- only the first            >no
- multivalue tag field        >yes
- list of names            >no
  - seperating characters used in list    >, 

Style:                >GENRE
if more than one style:
- multivalue tag field        >yes
- list of names            >no
  - seperating characters used in list    >, 

you want:

- multivalue tag field        >no
- list of names            >yes
  - seperating characters used in list    > /

The problem is that at this release, none of the pictures are tagged as "primary image", which is the normal attribute for a cover picture at the discogs API.
I don't know how the website is showing the correct picture.
I think I won't have time to look into this as I don't know how to start there, sorry.

I also have no solution for you second question. It's no possible within the framework of Mp3Tag's web sources.

Hi,

I think we may have the same issue with images again as none are getting pulled in currently.

Anyone else having this issue?

MP3Tag will not connect to Discogs with any script, does anyone know what's going on???

I thought I was the only one!
Having the same issue :frowning:

Darn it, I even deleted my pone/joker mod completely and reinstalled... which didn't help.

I wish MP3Tag would work with Discogs out of the box (same style as pone mod).

EDIT: IT'S WORKING AGAIN!
Apparently there was a problem with the Discogs authorization. I opened MP3tag, tried tagging via Pone/Joker mod and now I was asked to enter the authorization code. Browser opened, I logged in on Discogs.com and allowed permissions for MP3tag.

So happy :smiley:

I'm having the same problem again, I was asked to enter the authorization code at one point, did it, it cleared but I'm still getting the same error, these entries from the pone are not connecting:
[PreviewUrl]=https://www.discogs.com/release/%s
[AlbumUrl]=https://api.discogs.com/releases/%s

Can't get STYLE, PUBLISHER, etc. to work!

I want a multivalue field separated by commas. In the Web Script Settings.mp3 I entered into GENRE & STYLE

Genre: >GENRE
if more than one genre:

• only the first >yes
  • multivalue tag field >no
  • list of names >no
    • seperating characters used in list >,

Style: >STYLE
if more than one style:

• only the first >no
  • multivalue tag field >yes
  • list of names >yes
    • seperating characters used in list >,

I want more than one style (publisher, etc.) separated by commas but I get this:

Rock & Roll\\Pop Rock\\Classic Rock

Sorry if this has been answered before but I couldn't find it. Does anyone know, what I am doing wrong?

Michael

Sorry: I forgot to mention, I'm using the newest version of the discogs pone scripts as found here:
Newest version: 4.4joker01 (uploaded May 31 2016):
https://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopi...ost&p=90667

Another Discogs problem

This has to be a Discogs API issue as I'm randomly able to connect only not able again a few moments later, I don't know why this doesn't seem to be more widespread.

Thank you very much for this script, which I have installed just now. I am but a novice at this, so could you please help me to change something in the script, or wherever else such a change is needed:

Currently, the GENRE & STYLE tag is written with the double backslash "\\" employed as the separator, thus:

"Rock & Roll\\Southern Rock\\Rock"

Up to now, I have always used the comma as the separator. Where, and how, do I change this to suit? I looked, but did not find a related entry under the Extended Tag Fields.

I appreciate any, and all, asistance you can give.