[WS] Google Play Music

Hi everyone!

I was looking for a Google Play Music tag source a couple of days ago and only could find one that worked partially so I have been improving it and it's now working for me.

You can try it and make suggestions or tell me how to improve it. Enjoy!

Google Play Music v1.02.src (22.3 KB)

Changelog
[2018-11-22] v1.02
        FIX: albums with no genre information were not parsed correctly.
        FIX: multi-disc albums were not parsed correctly.
             Now working for up to 20-disc albums.

Google Play Music v1.01.src (13.6 KB)

[2018-11-22] v1.01

Google Play Music.src (6.7 KB)

[2018-11-19] v1.00 based on Tag Source for Google Play Music by SheepKid12

Please note, the tag source works only in countries where Google Play Music is available at the moment.

List of countries

Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela.

Google Play Music (UK)
Web Source script exits abruptly in a loop with camel case capitalization
How to improve Web Source scripts performance?

Hello,
I get the following error message:
Error connecting to server: play.google.com

403:Forbidden

Maybe it works for me because I had signed into my Google account in a web browser before using Mp3tag. It seems weird because the script is using the Google Play Music store web page and that is public to browse.

Check this URL in your web browser:

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=Dover%20Complications&c=music&hl=en

Tell me if it works for you too. Anyways, I'll look into it.

For me it's working, but I have to admit, I am also logged in with google (already for years, so they know everything from me :smiley: )

It works for me (with the known bugs) and I am not logged into a google account.

Working or not, it depends on where you are, I guess.

Thanks,
I have the same problem with the link as User skippy
I think if it works depends on the country

This is the country availability for Google Play Music at this moment:

Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela.

The tag source script should work for everyone connecting from one of these countries. I don't know if some kind of web proxy URL could be used in the script to bypass this regional restriction. We'll see.

I have been working on the bug that involved parsing multi-disc albums and now is mostly fixed. The script parses all data provided by Google Play Music for up to 8-disc albums. This should be enough for every album available out there.

Google Play Music v1.01.src (13.6 KB)

Changelog:

[2018-11-22] v1.01
[2018-11-19] v1.00 based on Tag Source for Google Play Music by SheepKid12

@vikaesar
Many thanks for your work

Known bugs: When parsing multi-disc albums with more than 8 albums –do they
even exist on Google Play?– then the total tracks for every disc
past the eight one aren't parsed correctly.

You are too optimistic.:grinning:
Of course there are. Here some examples for testing:

This one does not work:

Robert Earl Keen - Best

Well, here we go:

I've modified the script again to support parsing up to 20-disc albums. This should suffice (for now).

In addition, I've fixed the problem with (weird) albums that don't have any genre information, like the Robert Earl Keen's one you reported above.

Google Play Music v1.02.src (22.3 KB)

Changelog:

[2018-11-22] v1.02
        FIX: albums with no genre information were not parsed correctly.
             Now working for up to 20-disc albums.