[WS] iTunes

Hello, I would like to know how will be able I to have the real composer of the music I tag with the software.

Because when I publish with script “iTunes” I have the name of the artist has the place of the composer.

Thank you in advance

There's no way to put the REAL composer, iTunes API doesn't provide any info.

Ok, thank's for your answer.

The script is awesome and it save me lots of time to manage the MP3 Tag.

I am using the Hong Kong store script, and one problem I am facing is about the chinese character. I want the search result to return me in chinese (include song name, artist etc etc..) instead of english. i have tried include l=zh in the script but no luck. That could be appreciate if someone can give me some advice.

Artist in English name

Artist in Chinese name

how fix cut title - 'Bodyguard (12" Version)' -> 'Bodyguard (12'
https://itunes.apple.com/de/album/80s-euro-...on/id1128305030

Hello everybody!

Is it possible for the script to read tag Artist - Music and search for the albums that have this song at iTunes Store? Basically what I do today is to type in the browser "Artist - Music itunes" and get the result it gives me (whether single or full album).

Can we optimize this with the script?

Have a nice day!
See ya!

Thanks! This script is great.

A little problem: i can't get tags for this album, i don't know why:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/homenaje-...eat/id422664406

I'm using the US script.

I was wondering if there's an easy way to modify the script to grab only the year. I don't like the whole release date, just the year. I'm just getting started, don't know much about editing src's.
Thanks!

Then let the script get all of the data and run an action afterwards to tailor the data according to your needs.

How do i make that action?

see the FAQs on how to create an action /t/967/1

In which field do you find the long date and in which field do you want to save it?

I read the faqs but still don't get it. I understand how to create actions. But i don't know how to do this one. I think i should choose the action type "replace". In "field" i should enter "year". But what should i enter in "original"? And what should i enter in "replace with"? I mean, each date is different for each album.

Answering to your question, i find the long date in the field "year". I want to save in the field "year" only the year of the release, i don't care about the long date. Here's an example:

After hitting ok, i get this:

I would like it to say only "2015" in the "year" field, in this particular case.

OK.
Try an action of the type "Format value" for YEAR
Format string: $left(%year%,4)

It works great! Thanks!

This may or may not apply to you. Just a FYI for anyone else who simply wants the four-digit year. Use the following in place of the "# YEAR" section (modified from Stevehero's src):

# YEAR
    outputto "YEAR"
    regexpreplace "(\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2})" "<<<$1>>>"
    sayregexp "(?<=\"releaseDate\":\"<<<).+?(?=-\d{2}-\d{2}>>>)" ", " "}"

Hello,
Thank you for the great script! :w00t:

Is it possible to integrate, that "TRACK" lists the TRACKNUMBER and the TOTALTRACKS like "2/14"?

I tried this for disc numbers (see below) and it worked, but when I implement the same part for "TRACK" it overwrites the title of the song.

Any guess on what I could do?
Thank you! :slight_smile:

outputto "DISCNUMBER"
FindLine "\"discNumber\":"
FindInLine "\"discNumber\":"
SayUntil ", \""
Say "/"
FindLine "\"discCount\":"
FindInLine "\"discCount\":"
SayUntil ", \""
Say "|"
outputto "TRACK"
FindLine "\"trackNumber\":"
FindInLine "\"trackNumber\":"
SayUntil ", \""
Say "/"
FindLine "\"trackCount\":"
FindInLine "\"trackCount\":"
SayUntil ", \""
Say "|"

curious if someone could help me with this, I want [Search By] to remove additional tags often found in the %title%

so far this is what I have

[SearchBy]=%title%
    replace " (Clean)" ""
    replace " (Clean) (Extended)" ""
    replace " (Instrumental)" ""

I do not know how to make the replace action act on %title% so that the search will prompt the title without the aditional (Clean) (Extended) tags for example. Thanks!

QUOTE (yourdadsmusic @ Jun 13 2017, 23:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
curious if someone could help me with this, I want [Search By] to remove additional tags often found in the %title%

so far this is what I have

[SearchBy]=%title%
    replace " (Clean)" ""
    replace " (Clean) (Extended)" ""
    replace " (Instrumental)" ""

I do not know how to make the replace action act on %title% so that the search will prompt the title without the aditional (Clean) (Extended) tags for example. Thanks!

Try this:

[SearchBy]=$regexp($replace($replace($replace(%title%,'(Clean)',),'(Extended)',),'(Instrumental)',),'(^.*[^ ])(.*$)',$1)

Basically, $replace removes those "additional tags" and $regexp eliminates the trailing spaces.

Thanks! this works perfectly! for anyone having trouble with this, if you want to add another word to remove from the query you have to add another ($replace to the line. so if you are removing 10 words, you should have 10 instances of ($replace also.

My final search query looks like this, you can see that i added "feat." and "&" to be filtered out of the artist section also
[SearchBy]=$regexp($replace($replace(%artist%,' feat.',),' &',),'(^.[^ ])(.$)',$1) $regexp($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace(%title%,'(Clean)',),'(Dirty)',),'(Extended)',),'(Radio Edit)',),'(Short Edit)',),'(Instrumental)',),'(^.[^ ])(.$)',$1)

To minimize the complexity of the formatstring, ...
see "Mp3tag/help/main_scripting.html" ...
the function $replace allows to add "from-to-pairs" within the function parameter list, ...
$replace(string,from1,to1,from2,to2,...)

DD.20170616.1818.CEST