[WS] TheTVDB.com

Hey everyone. Here's my src for Online TV Database.

It checks for results based on the Show ID from thier website. [http://thetvdb.com/]

You just have to know the ID of the series your looking for.
You can look it up on the website with a basic search.

Options:

It lists all the seasons in the search for results box [ParserScriptIndex] and gives you a list of all
episodes in the tracks box [ParserScriptAlbum] plus what other details I could grab.

Track, Title, Aired Date, Show Name, Season Number, Media Type, Year and Cover Art. Enjoy. :smiley:

P.S. If anyone knows how to get rid of a
in a line, post it for me please.

example:

Adventure
Crime
Drama

The_TVDB_Series_by_ID.zip (1.24 KB)

I just found this today and have been playing with it a bit. It seems to still work as intended, but I'm wondering if anyone can update it to also be able to pull the episode information to populate the "ITUNESPODCASTDESC" and "SUBTITLE" fields with the episode descriptions?

Wondering if there's an update to this source coming soon. Looks like thetvdb.com has changed their site quite a bit and now something is broken with the source. I get a 301 error: Moved Permanently.

I updated my src files as they change the site around.
Included are Name.src & Track.src.

Use the Name.src to get the series info and thr Track.src to get track info.

When you search for track info make sure your search name is formated as below.
Example: S-W-A-T-2017, Arrow, Into-the-Badlands.TVdb.zip (2.3 KB)

Seems there sill updating thetvdb wesite, so I have adjusted my .srcs accordingly.
New update versions: TVdb (2018).zip (2.3 KB)

T1maniac: Thanks for the update! Meant to come on here a while ago to do this, but kept forgetting to! Pardon my tardiness in the reply.

Thanks for this. Is there any way to get episode descriptions, or do we have to get a cert and use json?

TVdb (2018)_revised.zip (4.0 KB)
Hi there. I revised my src files for TVdb website.
Use the TheTVDB#Name.src first to set the tvshow value.
Then use the TheTVDB#Track.src to find the TRACKS info.
or
Use the "NEW" TheTVDB#Episode.src to find all info for a single episode.
Including the episode descriptions or "PLOT".
Remember to use propper search perameters like: swat-2007, arrow, better-call-saul, etc...
If you get an error add 1 1 to line FindInLine "_blank">" like so FindInLine "_blank">" 1 1
Sorry about that, I missed it in the script before upload...

Thank you very much for the update. Sorry for the late reply, I totally forgot!

The Episode source is awesome - I've modified it somewhat to a) fill in some extra fields I like, and b) allow to filter for specific seasons based on the directory names, eg:

TV\The 100\Season 5\blah blah

This results in

the-100/seasons/5

Replacing the season number with "all" shows everything as your original did.

Episode.zip (1.8 KB)

FIXED version 2018-12-01, uses the parent dir for the index instead of the 'tv show' field from the original. Oops.

Episode-ParentDir.zip (1.8 KB)

I also :

• moved the coverurl to the bottom so that if the script silently fails somewhere I can see at a glance.
  • added the episode name to the index.