Hey Florian and other users,
first up I'm a huge fan of mp3tag and have been using it for a long time. Thanks for providing such a great tool! Especially the import function from Discogs is super useful.
Sadly, a few days ago the Discogs source stopped working. I was using v2.82 on Windows 10:
- I clicked on the Discogs Button
- then I could enter a search term
- then I received the message Failed to authenticate using OAuth (1). >> 401: UNAUTHORIZED
So I installed the newest Version of mp3tag (v2.83) but it still didn't work and I kept getting the same error message. The current Beta-Version (v2.83c) didn't work either.
On Google I found this forum and tried out some of the solutions suggested here:
- checking if my firewall allows mp3tag to connect to Discogs
- changing parameters in the discogs.src file
- revoking mp3tag's access in my Discogs account
But none of them helped. The only thing that changed ist that I can't even enter a search term anymore, I get the error message straight after clicking one of the Discogs Buttons.
What seems really strange to me, is that the Discogs authorization window doesn't pop up automatically in my browser, as I expected it to after revoking the access. Is there a way to trigger the authorization manually from mp3 tag? Or is there another way to solve this?
Thanks for your help and have a nice weekend