Comment Field Doesn't Work

Hello,

First of all, this is phenomenal software, my music management has been made so much easier thanks to this remarkable work. Thank you!

The only imperfection that I can detect thus far is that there is no way to enter text in the "Comments" field when you examine an mp3's properties in Internet Explorer (Windows 7, English version). I see that they show up when I load the tracks into iTunes, but I would really like them to show up in internet explorer as well (I use this field to determine which folder I send the mp3s to). When I manually input them using Properties, they also are recognized in iTunes, so it's a bit strange that MP3 Tag can edit it for iTunes purposes but that there is no trace of the edits when looking at the mp3 in windows explorer via Properties.

I have searched for this similar problem online and see that there's been some discussion on it, but I have yet to feel really good about a solution.

Thank you in advance.

Why do you double-post?
[X] Comment Field Doesn't Work

What do you want? Support or report an alleged bug?
For support, see e.g. this thread
/t/14615/1
If you want to see the response to a bug report (no bug) see this thread:
/t/14283/1

I double posted b/c I didn't know which category the issue fir best in.

The support listed under the Bug Reports thread doesn't solve the issue b/c when I try to open that .lng file and change it to English, it is already in English.

I'm still confused as to how to solve this issue.

check the files with mp3val

Is mp3val an alternative mp3 metadata editing program? From the looks of this site, it looks like it's about finding corrupted files as opposed to altering metadata. Still a little confused.

http://mp3val.sourceforge.net/

Yes, it is a checking program for the integrity of files.
It has been observed that files that have been edited in the comment field and WE does not display this alteration behave properly if they have been treated with mp3val.
Give it a try. If it still does not work, we have to think of something else.

Hello,

I had given up on the issue with the Comment Field in Mp3Tag not matching up with the comments when I right click on the mp3 in Windows Explorer, and had devised a "work around" system where I named track numbers in mp3tag a specific number, and then went into the Windows Explorer folder, then sorted by the track number, then selected all and input my custom text for each track number (i.e. track # = 1, type in "West Coast Rap" under Comments).

But then I was using the program last night, and saw that there was an invitation for an update. I ran the update, and tried using Mp3 Tag to input text in the Comments field, and it worked! Was there something inherent to that update that resolved this problem???

If so, much obliged, thank you very much!

I've changed the way the ID3v2 comment language code can be configured with v2.74:

[2016-01-08]  NEW: added advanced configuration option for setting the ID3v2 language code used for comments.

Glad that it resolved this problem for you!

Much appreciated! Thank you very much, this is outstanding software, I'm so glad I stumbled on it a few weeks back.