Confused as to how to get catalog number to display in tag panel

If I press on the "extended tags" icon in the main toolbar, I can see "catalognumber" for many of the files I've edited previously.

I am at a loss though as to how to get this to display in the tag panel. The field "catalognumber" does not appear in any of the fields that can be added there.

I did have this working properly at one time but am not sure how I did it. I unfortunately had to reinstall the software from scratch so I lost that.

Would someone please steer me in the right direction.

Thanks a lot.

Got it figured out. I realized that I needed to make a custom field and add it. It took a few tries to get the syntax right.

It's actually very simple once you get onto it. It is a concept that is rather new.

Thanks a lot everyone. And to the developer for putting out the most powerful tag editor out there.

1 Like

Glad you got it working! In fact, you can use any field name when customizing the Tag Panel and the File List.

Your post made be realize that I've forgot to add CATALOGNUMBER to the list of default tag fields for new installations — I'll add this with the next release.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.