One of my mp3 files has these parameters in MP3tag 2.96:
length: 25.32, frequency: 32000, bitrate: 32 kbit/s, codec MPEG 1 Layer II, tag: ID3v2.3 (ID3v1 ID3v2.3).
In file properties (Windows 10): length: 6.25 (real value), Bit rate: 128 kbps.
Why the length is incorrect in MP3tag? And what's the true bitrate?
Is it bug?
Probably the header is corrupted.
See the HowTos on how to check files for errors:
It’s required and often helps to reduce support cycles to check files for errors before filing a bug report.
Symptoms of erroneous files are often
missing or wrong bitrate or length
audible blips or skips
tags seem to be sticky and cannot be removed
There are some really good tools to check the files for errors, namely
MP3val — validate and fix MPEG audio files
MP3 Diags — identifies many different issues in MP3 files
Website: http://mp3diags.sourceforge.net/ …
I used MP3val for this files and it fixed the problem! Thanks!
Just interesting: why file properties in Windows file manager were correct?
see e.g. here:
I recently found this file Edit: removed download link which should be 1:54s and 189kbps. It is reported in mp3Tag as 32kbps and 11mins.
i am developing an mp3 app.
app is workinf fine but mp3 duration is displaying more than the actual duration
I saw a "bug" in duration, isn't for all my songs, but lot of them have an error in duration, like a song with his length is 19:15 in MP3Tag, and 06:25 in MP3 Player (I use VLC but other have the same duration)
I tried to delete completely MP3Tag and reinstall the last build, but I have always the bug.
A picture of this bug:
I have Windows 7 SP1 and MP3Tag v2.70 (and is the same on v2.69)
Thank you for your help
or search yourself for "duration", "bit rate", "incorrect"
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.