Lyrics not shown in Windows Vista and 7

Hello,

If I copy and paste a complete song lyric in the tag 'unsyncedlyrics' it shows perfectly in WMP 11 under Windows XP when I play the song, but the lyrics are not shown in WPM 11 under Vista and/or WMP 12 under Windows 7..

Can anyone tell me what I do wrong?

I use MP3Tag version 2.43

Best regards,

John

Hello,

Doesn't anyone have this problem? You maybe thinking that the settings in the Vista/7 Mediaplayer aren't set correctly but this isn't the issue, I use the same settings as my XP workstations. But if I paste the songtext directly into WMP 11/12 the lyrics are showed perfectly in Vista/7... The point is that I want to use MP3Tag as my editor and not the MS WMP's...

Best regards,

John

Maybe it's some kind of language issue. The lyrics normally have a language specifier (e.g., eng or deu) and you can try changing it and see whether this helps.

Unfortunately, I can't find a way to test this here. With each new version of WMP I find it harder to do the most basic tasks.

Hallo,

I hope, my English is good enough to understand, what I mean: I have had the same problem.: Pasting any lyric-text in the mp3tag field "unsyncedlyric", the text didn't occur in WMP 11 (Vista), while the song played. Now, I found one song, where it functioned in WMP 11, and I looked, what the difference was in the unsyncedlyric field in mp3tag: The only difference was, that instead of "eng" there was "deu" at the beginning of the lyric-text. So I replaced "eng" with "deu" (although it was an English text) and WMP 11 could show the text. I don't know why, but it works.

xristian

Usually MP3s do not have the language tag set. So WMP11 assumes that each song defaults to the standard language as set in WMP. In your case this was probably German.
The option in WMP11 for lyrics (sub titles) is: show if available. So if there are no subtitles in your standard language and the track itself does not tell which language it has via the language tag, any mismatch leads to an empty display.
Apparently WMP11 was a little more relaxed when running under XP than when running under Vista or 7.
So the strategy would be: if you want to have lyrics or subtitles then set the language tag. Best: set it to the same language the subtitles/lyrics are, then they should be displayed.
WMP11 recognies eng for English, deu for German, ita for Italian, fre for French etc. Any misspelling result in a failure of WMP to recognize the language.
Unfortunately, WMP11 does not display the internal language ids but has abbreviations of its own. E.g. the id "eng" is shown as "en" in WMP.
Oh yes: and after you entered Lyrics in the field unsyncedlyrics and WMP11 even shows them during replay, WMP11's enhanced tag editor is not able to show them again. So stick to MP3Tag.

Hallo,

thank you very much. So I could understand, how it happened.
Meanwhile, I learned, that it also works, when I replace "eng" with "xxx" in the field unsyncedlyrics in mp3tag. I found "xxx" in another song, that worked with WMP. So I'm happy, that I have ways to get the lyrics when using WMP11 (vista).

xristian

I changed all eng to cht (Hong Kong), all lyrics appear again no matter it is English or Chinese lyrics.