I've just released Mp3tag v3.15 and wanted to outline some of the new features and changes:
Mp3tag now comes in two versions, the existing 32-bit and a new 64-bit version. To make it short, there should not be any noticeable differences except for two things:
The 64-bit version uses 64-bits to address memory and is no longer limited to 2 GB per application. While the Library feature of Mp3tag is already a very viable solution for large libraries, loosening the memory restriction is one of the key benefits of 64-bit.
The 64-bit version has no support for TAK. TAK is a closed-source codec that is made available in Mp3tag by utilizing a DLL. This DLL is unfortunately only provided as 32-bit version at the moment and 64-bit processes cannot load 32-bit DLLs. But I’ve heard a 64-bit version is in the makings, so I'll add support when it's available.Edit: Mp3tag v3.17 now also contains a 64-bit version of TAK.
Mp3tag 64-bit can only be installed on 64-bit versions of Windows. The recommended path is to uninstall the 32-bit version before upgrading — the uninstaller has an option to keep your configuration settings, but please backup your configuration settings via File → Save configuration anyway.
I’ve added an option to manage the list of filter expressions via the Manage history… item of the Filter Helper menu. This also allows for named filters, favorite filters for quick access, and the possibility to add descriptions for filters.
Similar to the filter expressions, I’ve added an option to manage the list of format strings at converters Tag - Filename, Filename - Tag, Text file - Tag, and Tag - Tag via the Manage history item of the Format String Helper menu. It also allows for named format strings, favorite format strings for quick access, and the possibility to add descriptions for format strings.
As always, thank you for reading, your interest and your support.
Enjoy and take care
P.S. It’s Mp3tag’s 22nd anniversary today
- added support for 64-bit.
- added note if running 32-bit or 64-bit version to about dialog. (#57251)
- added option to manage list of format strings at converters 'Tag - Filename', 'Filename - Tag', 'Text file - Tag', and 'Tag - Tag', including named format strings and descriptions for format strings. (#7987, #11024, #49350)
- added option to manage the list of filter expressions, including named filters and descriptions for filters. (#10011, #10635, #12361, #48127, #53842, #55565, #55845, #56935)
- added support for editing track-specific metadata in tracks list at Tag Sources confirmation dialog.
- added workaround for non-null padding bytes for INFO subchunks in WAV and AIF. (#56892)
- display format string syntax errors in preview field of converter Tag - Tag. (#56861)
- extended quick actions to remember previous inputs. (#18395)
- next sort doesn't invert order in case files were added to the file list. (#56849)
- optimizations regarding memory usage when refreshing a filtered file list.
- use placeholders for current cover at action Export Cover. (#57307)
- updated Chinese-CN, Corsican, Czech, French, and Hebrew translation.
- changing cover properties did not work when auto-saving in some cases. (#56863)
- MusicBrainz tag source issue when parsing joinphrases. (#56991)
- saving cover to local file did not work anymore when importing from Tag Sources (since 3.12c). (#56823, #56924)
- taskbar icon was missing when starting via shell extension in 3rd-party file managers under Windows 11 using Standard installation. (#55645)
- undoing after multiple tag copy and paste operations undos all operations and not only the last one. (#56941)