Shortcut mp3tag disappeared with Windos 11

Good morning,

Before, with a right click on a folder, appeared a shortcut mp3tag that opened the files of the folder in mp3tag.

I switched to Windows 11 and this shortcut no longer exists unless I right-click on the complete D:/ hard drive for example. If I right-click D:/Audio, the shortcut is no longer available…

Do you have a solution?

Thank you.

what about this thread:

or here:

Sorry, I only saw the solution to restart the explorer in the task manager.
That is the solution that does not work.

There are other ideas in the topic linked by @ohrenkino, but you don't need to read from the start. Instead, please try what I've outlined here and in my next post from this topic:

https://community.mp3tag.de/t/no-explorer-context-menu-integration/13891/27?u=florian

The powershell solution does not work either

For info, I had at the installation of W11 modified a registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER SOFTWARE CLASSES CLSID " to have the same contextual menu as with W10 with the right click button. So I don’t have the classic context menu of W11, just the one of W10...

I solved the problem in half…

Since I changed the registry by adding an ‘InprocServer 32’ key, this automatically removes the first right-click context screen from an explorer folder. Same as when doing ‘Shift F10’ to move to the ‘Show more options’ menu.

Therefore, on the second contextual menu, Mp3Tag does not appear.

I don’t know if you’re going to make the adjustment afterwards; I’m sure I’m not the only one.

Anyway, thanks again for this great software.

OK, this explains a little. If you change your Windows installation by adding undocumented registry keys to work differently than the default, you'd need to manually register the shell extension from a command prompt with admin rights:

cd <path to Mp3tag installation>
regsvr32 Mp3tagShell.dll

Impecable works, thank you very much.
You can include this batch in the next update...
Just to have Mp3Tag also on the second menu.

In my tests, this is actually not needed and the Mp3tag context menu entry also appears if the new Windows 11 context menu is disabled in favor of the classic context menu.

On a fresh Windows 11, I've disabled the new context menu via

reg.exe add "HKCU\Software\Classes\CLSID\{86ca1aa0-34aa-4e8b-a509-50c905bae2a2}\InprocServer32" /f /ve

rebooted and installed Mp3tag. After restarting explorer.exe, the Mp3tag context menu entry appears.

Registering the shell extension manually would — in my tests — result in two Mp3tag context menu entries.

So something is different on your system (and the one's with similar issues). The solution is not to use the manual registration for all installations, because then we'd have a bunch of other problems.