I have attached an updated IMDB web source script for IMDB, which meets my needs for "all the metadata that I can get"...
In addition, I have attached 3 Actions which should be run on the file(s) in question, AFTER the web script has been run to complete the "work".
Download the web script
Place the script in: %appdata%\mp3tag\data\sources
Download the 3 action files "Finish Setting Video Tags.mta" and "Fix Tag Case (iTunEXTC, etc).mta" and "Find bad plist.mta"
Copy the files to directory:
I recommend running the actions in this order (so place them in the actions dialog of MP3Tag in this order):
- Find Bad Plist (in case the script screwed up, and the plist is broken)
- Finish Setting Video Tags (copies information to other relevant tags
- Fix Tag Case (so for example, ITUNEXTC becomes iTunEXTC)
The web script as it stands pull and populates/stores the following data in your mp4 file:
- Artists ("/" delimited)
- Genre (the first non-"Drama". If only "Drama" exists, use it)
- Composer (i.e. writters, "/" delimited)
- IMDB ID
- IMDB Rating
- Director ("/" delimited)
- Producer ("/" delimited)
- MPAA Rating and REASON (stored in iTunEXTC. Reason is not used anywhere yet AFAIK).
- If rating is "USA:NC-17", then the itunes "Advisory" tag is also set.
- IMDB Keywords
- iTunMOVI (which Apple TV etc uses), containing:
Given a couple of limitations/bugs in mp3tag, you have then then create and run the following action on the file AFTER running the web script:
Right click on the file you just ran the script on, and select: "Convert" and then "Actions"
Make sure only "Finish Setting Video Tags" and "Fix Tag Case (iTunEXTC, etc)" and "Find bad plist" have their checkboxes "checked", and are in the order that I originally mentioned at the top of this post.
Hope this helps people.
<<EDIT: "Country" was a little finiky, so I removed it... Makes the script more stable overall...>>
imdb_web_source_and_actions.zip (3.84 KB)