first update (v 1.1)
The "List of search results" dialog has now a extra column for the filesize.
The Results are now presented in the following way:
filename | website | imagesize (pixel) | filesize (KB)
another update on the first day of the script (v 1.2):
I changed the search to prefer %albumartist% for search if present, otherwise %artist% is chosen.
I made some replaces of URL-encodings of some special characters which were not transformed in all cases. In others they were. I don't know why. If you detect more characters/encodings which make problems, let me know.
The encodings I replaced with their coresponding characters are:
%3F -> ?
%3D -> =
%26 -> &
%25 -> %
I know, but that is something Mp3tag doesn't offer.
Other programs do that, like Windows Media Player and I think iTunes and WinAmp, but they never get 100% correct covers. Often just covers of different albums with similar titles.
I don't know exactly. I've read this about Windows Media Player somewhere. There should be a function which adds coverartwork to the whole library. But in a fixed size which is pretty small I think. But i never tested.
The problem of your search was the & character. It cuts everything what comes afterward. I fixed that and added a couple of other replacements of certain characters.
i also thought about limiting the search to certain sizes and aspect ratios. but that will also limit search matches for cover pictures for albums which have not hundreds of pictures in the web. and for more mainstream albums, the first search matches are nearly always good pictures between 300x300 and 700x700.
Then you'll be sure you will find a cover. Its to avoid that you'll find pics which are not the covers, because covers are always quadratically!
And it would be great if i can search the other pages of the google results if its possible, because i've had one titel which only got low resolution (80x80 etc) in the first google page, but in the second a found a good resolution (600x600)